We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Going to Futuroscope / visiting Poitiers historic centre

Coimbra, Portugal
3 posts
Save Topic
Going to Futuroscope / visiting Poitiers historic centre

Four questions:

1. How to get to Gare Montaparnasse from the Orly airport (quickiest way);

2. How to find the TGV line in Gare Montparnasse (having in mind we are going to the Futuroscope TGV Gare);

3. How much does it cost and how long does a taxi take from Mercure Aquatis (Futuroscope Area) to Poitiers historic centre?

4. Any suggestions to spend three hours in Poitiers in the morning?

Thank you

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
52,059 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Going to Futuroscope / visiting Poitiers historic centre

1. Obviosuly a taxi would be quickest but very expensive. Some other transport options Orly - Montparnasse are set out here

You will see that there is a direct bus. Alternatively take the ORLYVAL light train to the Antony rail station then you can get to Montparnasse by train and metro. However when you get to Montparnasse Bienvenue metro station it is a 5 minute walk to the main station, through endless passages and tunnels.

I don't know which would be quickest. The bus has to contend with Paris traffic, which is busy all the time.

2. Gare Montparnasse is a huge station. Coming up from the metro (underground) station, look for the signs 'Grandes Lignes' .

Departure platforms are posted 20 - 30 minutes before trains depart.

You will have reserved your seats (it is compulsory) so take note of the train number and departure time on the ticket(s) and look for the same train number etc on the large departure board.

3. The distance is about 12km, so think what a taxi would cost in Coimbra for that distance then double it. French taxis are expensive.

4. I have never been to Poitiers but #i am in the area. I was thinking of going myself this week but the weather is not very good. I have been looking at this site - http://uk.poitiers-tourism.com/

I hope that helps.

Coimbra, Portugal
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Going to Futuroscope / visiting Poitiers historic centre

Thank you

3. Re: Going to Futuroscope / visiting Poitiers historic centre

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 September 2015, 09:15