We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Canyon de Verdon

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
16,622 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Canyon de Verdon

We will be staying for 7 nights in Lourmarin and 5 nights in Nice. Looking at a map, it seems to be an easier (ie more convenient) trip to the Gorge from Lourmarin than from Nice. Can anyone verify this?

Merci

Bradford, Yorkshire
Level Contributor
575 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Canyon de Verdon

I don't know Lourmarin itself, but I do know the area, having stayed close to the gorge and done these routes in the opposite direction.

The driving time would be almost the same, as would the distance, but it is probably a bit easier to drive from Loumarin.

From this direction you can visit Moustiers-sainte-Marie (famous for fayance - painted ceramics) and the blue Lake de Ste Croix on your way. From Nice you can go via historic Castellane, worth a stroll around.

I would simply chose the day which suits your itinerary best. Avoid going in poor visibility, rain / mist etc will spoil your day.

Do the circular route from La Palud-sur-Verdun. It is steep and narrow, but climbs to the highest vantage points - beware of moumtain goats on the road.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
16,622 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Canyon de Verdon

Thank you so much, Traveling Tyke! I will look at that route on ViaMichelin.

Thanks again.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
52,816 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Canyon de Verdon

I drove from Nice to the Gorge. Other than the time it took (a couple of hours), it wasn't particularly difficult.

4. Re: Canyon de Verdon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 October 2009, 09:25