We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tuscany or Provence

Mumbai
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Topic
Tuscany or Provence

My wife & I will be traveling to France and Italy during June and we are torn between going to Tuscany & Provence regions. Based on our reading feel both are beautiful unfortunately we only have 17 days between the two countries and will have to drop one of them. We plan to stay 4 nights in either of these places. We are in our late-20s. We love beautiful scenery, lovely towns and we are not really art buffs. We look forward to renting a car during our stay to visit the country side. I know this is a much debated topic but would love to know your choice and reasons. Which one of them is more expensive? We will also be going to Amalfi Coast, Rome, Venice & Paris.

Will really appreciate your views!

London, Canada
Level Contributor
3,759 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tuscany or Provence

We love both areas, and would recommend either for your trip. I think what it might come down to is logistics.....how is your itinerary set up? It will no doubt be easier to rent a car or travel by train to see more of Italy before flying inexpensively to Paris (say from Pisa or Florence). Do you want to feel as if you are spending all your time travelling or have you balanced it with several days in each location?

But with both cities (Rome and Venice) and countryside (Amalfi coast) in Italy as part of your trip, I'd say you would also do well to spend some time in Provence for a completely different perspective of France than what you will have in Paris.

Because you are in your twenties, there is a great likelihood you will have a chance to visit the area you miss this time, so try not to dwell on the question too much. Look at what you would like to do in each area before ruling out either one......both can be explored on a budget if you go into it with that expectation.

2. Re: Tuscany or Provence

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 August 2010, 07:16