We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Time needed in Provence

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
2,362 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Time needed in Provence

We will be on a driving holiday in Provence this summer. What about the times for this itinerary. I have not even begun to work out the finer details. Will be driving and prefer to stay in B and B or self-catering location in the countryside.

Day 1--Drive from Menton (area) to Gorges du Verdun area(Looking for a good base here)

Day 2--Exploring the gorge area

Day 3 drive to a central location in provence (Arles, Avignon, Nimes etc)

4 more days exploring the area, hence the need for a good central base.

I know it is about 2.5 hours give or take from there to Carcassone. I have heard good things, but does it fit into this itineray or should it be saved for the next trip to France?

So many question, but i really appreciate all the help forum users have given for all of my previous trips.

provence
Destination Expert
for Provence
Level Contributor
1,978 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Time needed in Provence

Travelling this summer you need to get your lodgings sorted out asap.

Self catering is going to be a problem for stays of under a week so I would suggest looking for small family run hotels - choose one with a swimming pool.

Have a look at the Mas du Capoun as an example. In a little village of Molleges in the Alpilles. Handy for almost all of the "must see" areas of Provence.

Forget Carcassone on this trip - too far for a day and it will be heaving with other visitors in summer

2. Re: Time needed in Provence

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 January 2012, 05:18