We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Clothing for Provence in late May

San Francisco Bay...
Level Contributor
40 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Clothing for Provence in late May

What is typical attire for the Provence area? I'm trying to keep from overpacking for a trip to Paris/Provence. I'll have mix and match tops/sweaters with black pants that I'll wear in Paris, but am concerned many of those clothes will be too hot or too formal for Provence. What is typical for the Alpilles, Luberon and coastal regions, such as Aix-en-Provence, St. Remy and Cassis/Hyeres areas?

Mentioned in this post
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Luberon
Luberon
Vaucluse, France
Aix-en-Provence
Aix-en-Provence
Bouches-du-Rhone, France
Cassis
Cassis
French Riviera - Cote d'Azur, France
Hyeres
Hyeres
French Riviera - Cote d'Azur, France
provence
Destination Expert
for Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur
Level Contributor
2,127 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Clothing for Provence in late May

Take layers of clothing.

Who can really tell with the weather but usually it should be nice and warm but be prepared for the odd shower. If the Mistral blows it can get cold - hence the layers.

Edited: 12 May 2011, 11:55
San Francisco Bay...
Level Contributor
40 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Clothing for Provence in late May

I will have layers for warmth, and am prepared for showers or breezes, but wondered what the typical dress was for those regions, how formal or informal?

Would a nice tank top with a linen overshirt and pants be ok for warm weather?

Pittsburgh, PA
Level Contributor
2,311 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Clothing for Provence in late May

Tank top with shirt, etc. sounds good for probable/possible warm weather. I have been in Provence in late May when it was much cooler than it was in April of this year in Paris, where I was uncomfortably warm in what I had brought along. You just never know. . .

Mentioned in this post
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
4. Re: Clothing for Provence in late May

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2012, 06:17