We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Base town

Bucharest, Romania
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Base town

We will be in Nisa for 5 days and after we will rent a car and we want to do some sightseeing in Provence. We will have 4 days,.I just want to ask which town shall we select as base town.We are thinking for Aix-en-Provence.

Could you suggest places not to miss in Provece? On our list are Avignon, Saint Remy, Arles.

Destination Expert
for Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur
Level Contributor
3,637 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Base town

Exactly where you should establish your base should, in large part, depend upon what places you want to visit while you are in Western Provence, AND, whether you want to be based in a more urban situation, or are seeking a small-town / village as your base.

The region is full of wonderful really important Roman and Medieval sites, that are easily explored form a well-centered base, however, since you only have 4 days to explore a rather large area, I urge you to decide which sites are must-sees for you, and get back to us with your list. Once we have your list we can make really valid recommendations regarding a valid base.

Bucharest, Romania
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Base town

for the time we will stay Western part of Provence we are thinking to visit

Aix en Provence, Arles, Saint Remy, Les Baux, Luberon.

Any suggestion is welcome. thnks.

provence
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
2,050 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Base town

Personally I would think of going to a small hotel in one of the villages in the region rather than staying in the larger towns like Aix or Avignon. Much easier for access and parking.

Have a look at the Mas du Capoun. Never stayed there but have eaten there often and it is very good. Situated in a small village with easy acces to Avignon, Arles and St Remy.

Brantford, Ontario...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Base town

AlpillesGal - would you mind sending me you're guide to Provence? I would greatly appreciate it!

My email address is katyfield_1@hotmail.com

Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,637 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Base town

Hi Kathy,

I'll be happy to share the Word docs. with you, but urge you to remove your post, as it has your e-mail, and it is really NOT a good idea to post your e-mail on the web.

6. Re: Base town

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 March 2013, 09:21