We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where are the lavendar fields to visit at end of June?

London, United...
7 posts
1 review
Save Topic
where are the lavendar fields to visit at end of June?

I missed them on my first trip cos I got the timing wrong.

I want to tailor my trip at the end of June to catch them but can anyone suggest where this might be?

Thanks

Laxmi

1. Re: where are the lavendar fields to visit at end of June?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 23 November 2015, 18:17
Edited: 23 November 2015, 18:17
UK
Level Contributor
2,879 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: where are the lavendar fields to visit at end of June?

If you do a Google translate on the following link it should give you the information you're looking for:

grande-traversee-alpes.com/routes-de-la-lava…

London, United...
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: where are the lavendar fields to visit at end of June?

I appreciate your reply - it got me started thinking about my trip realistically! The querks in the translation are not too bad!

Laxmi

London, United...
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: where are the lavendar fields to visit at end of June?

many thanks, this got to me the same website as the earlier suggestion. best wishes. Laxmi

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
36,916 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: where are the lavendar fields to visit at end of June?

very odd -- we were giving the English version of that web page just last week.

Hopefully, they'll be putting up the updated version soon.

Lebanon, Ohio
Level Contributor
158 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: where are the lavendar fields to visit at end of June?

The village of Sault is very nice for lavender.

Takapuna, New...
Level Contributor
3,502 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: where are the lavendar fields to visit at end of June?

We had fabulous views last year driving through countless fields of Lavendar on the Plateau de Valensole. Heading NE from Valensole on the D8, then the D953 heading back through Poimoisson towards Riez. This was on June 24. I understand that while the plant around here is generally called 'lavendar' by tourists, it is predominantly 'lavandin', used in the production of a stronger smelling essential oil and soap. Still looks spectacular and the roads run through the fields.

London, United...
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: where are the lavendar fields to visit at end of June?

Thanks for that suggestion - I will check it out! laxmi

London, United...
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: where are the lavendar fields to visit at end of June?

Thanks - sounds like a great day trip or two with the romantic views I missed out on before! Laxmi

10. Re: where are the lavendar fields to visit at end of June?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 18:41