We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Carcassonne - Villefranche Sur Mer

Ireland
Level Contributor
21 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Carcassonne - Villefranche Sur Mer

Hello, myself and my boyfriend are travelling by car from Carcassonne to Villefrance Sur Mer on the 25th of this month (very excited!!). Could anyone suggest some nice, scenic places to stop off, picturesque towns/ vine yards, places for lunch along the route etc.? To clarify we will probably take the A9/8 motor way. The shear volume of options available has overwhelmed me so any suggestions are really appreciated!

Provence
Level Contributor
793 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Carcassonne - Villefranche Sur Mer

If you are planning to drive on one day only I would suggest yo go straight..... It will be a long drive and it will probably be very hot.

If you want to stop at nice places along the way, you could stop for Lunch in Arles.

You will also pass Aix en Provence (but this is a rather bigger city)...

I love driving through small roads but when I do I simply need to double & and half the motorway driving time...

If you want the most dramatic scenic road this is the Golden corniche between St Raphael/Frejus & Cannes. But beware that the motorway drive between those 2 cities is about 45mn and the scenic road can take you up to 3 hrs....

2. Re: Carcassonne - Villefranche Sur Mer

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2013, 20:16