We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

"Off the Beaten Path" Tour Group (Provence)

Boston...
Level Contributor
11 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
"Off the Beaten Path" Tour Group (Provence)

Hi All,

I am contemplating a tour of Provence with "Off the Beaten Path" (traveloffthebeatenpath.com/provencetour.html) and while their website and facebook page look legitimate, I am a little worried about the lack of reviews on TA or another travel forum for a company that has been in existence for so long.

If anyone has had any experience with this company, please let me know!

Liven Up
Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours, Boat Tours
Art and Tours
Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Segway Mobilboard Nice
Segway Tours, City Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Provence Connection - Day Tours
Multi-day Tours, Private Tours, Bike Tours, Day Trips, Sightseeing Tours
Bedoin, France
Level Contributor
4,908 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
31. Re: "Off the Beaten Path" Tour Group (Provence)

This is an interesting thread. I find it most interesting that the representative from OTBP seems to have removed her posts, though I doubt anyone who read them will forget them. Now where is she?

Essex
Level Contributor
29,115 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
32. Re: "Off the Beaten Path" Tour Group (Provence)

I wonder if Vert1467 is still following this thread.....

I'm sorry I kind-of 'derided' the company (not her 'idea' by the way) in my post #1, hence I removed it, however now, it appears, perhaps, that I was not too far off the mark....

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
11 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
33. Re: "Off the Beaten Path" Tour Group (Provence)

I can only endorse all the comments made by WrldTravelrCEO as my husband & I were fellow travellers on the same tour in September. I have not seen the posts that have been removed but the email replies from Christy were appalling, to say the least! We have decided, as have most of our travelling companions, to put this episode behind us, take much greater care in our research in the future, and remember the wonderful companionship we experienced travelling with this group of great people. I do hope, however, that these messages help future travellers avoid our disappointments and perhaps the company may finally take notice and address their current problems in order to regain their reputation. After all, can it be a coincidence that at least two tours ( as per posts by RobP553 and JamesBGourmet) can have had ALL participants so disgruntled about the same issues?

Edited: 24 October 2012, 09:53
Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
12 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
34. Re: "Off the Beaten Path" Tour Group (Provence)

I want to thank all of you for your reviews. I was considering taking the Provence tour in June by myself and now will reconsider. I am looking for a luxury tour and would be very disappointed if I had your experiences.

If you have other tour companies to recommend, I would greatly appreciate it.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
11 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
35. Re: "Off the Beaten Path" Tour Group (Provence)

Hi Solotrip1,

One of our travel companions from this tour did another one afterwards with Back Roads Touring - a UK based company that has been around for a long time and is pretty good I think - and she had nothing but praise for them and she was a solo traveller as well! Sorry I can't help you any further but I hope you find a suitable tour and that it is a terrific experience for you.

Cheers!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
11 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
36. Re: "Off the Beaten Path" Tour Group (Provence)

Hi Again Solotrip1,

Here is the web site address - www.backroadstouring.co.uk

Good Luck

Fairbanks, Alaska
Level Contributor
1,663 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
37. Re: "Off the Beaten Path" Tour Group (Provence)

My mother did the "Luberon Experience" tour last summer as a solo traveller and was very satisfied. http://www.luberonexperience.com/

Cleveland, Ohio
1 post
Save Reply
38. Re: "Off the Beaten Path" Tour Group (Provence)

have you taken the walking tour of provence france? I am looking into national geographic tour to this regions. Any comments.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
6,437 posts
458 reviews
Save Reply
39. Re: "Off the Beaten Path" Tour Group (Provence)

The sheer number of 1 and 2 post posters on this thread has got to be a record.

OP -be very careful with posters with such a small number of posts. Beware.

40. Re: "Off the Beaten Path" Tour Group (Provence)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 19 January 2016, 12:39