We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New roverpass for TER trains june-sept - ZOU ! Pass 15euros

Nice
Level Contributor
12,655 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
New roverpass for TER trains june-sept - ZOU ! Pass 15euros

This year from 1st June to 30th september , there is a new day rover pass in the TER PACA region.

The ZOU ! Pass will cost 15 euros and is valid for unlimited travel on TER [local] trains within a single department of the Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur region

(ie 04-Alpes de Haute-Provence

05-Hautes-Alpes

06-Alpes Maritimes

13-Bouches du Rhône

83 -Var

or 84-Vaucluse

buy online in advance here [nb select the correct departement] https:/…

or from ticket counters [you can buy any departement pass from the counters and also purchase in advance]

alos in the blue machines - but only for travel within the region the machine is standing in and only for travel that day

Level Contributor
4,140 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New roverpass for TER trains june-sept - ZOU ! Pass 15euros

Hi Selkie

Thanks for posting this new info.

So the 06 Alpes Maritimes Zou pass is valid only as far as Menton to the east and Theoule to the west ?

Nice
Level Contributor
12,655 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New roverpass for TER trains june-sept - ZOU ! Pass 15euros

i don't know for certain, its only just been announced but i suspect ventimiglia will be included in practise but not places in the var.

It is a great innovation for the other departements which did not have the pass isabelle and handy for people wanting to do a big day trip- eg Nice to arles or avignon.

Less intereting from folk staying in the alpes maritimes who have fond memories of the pass isabelle individual. Though still brilliant value for trips to tende etc

It may tip the balance into people buying a carte Zou 50/75%

Edited: 23 May 2013, 13:24
Earth City, Missouri
Level Contributor
3 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New roverpass for TER trains june-sept - ZOU ! Pass 15euros

Hi may I ask if the Zou pass is only for train travel, or for buses as well? I'm planning on taking the bus from Aix-en-Provence to Avignon in late July. With the pass I won't need to buy a separate bus ticket right? But will there be the risk of me not getting onto the bus due to too many ticketholders?

Nice
Level Contributor
12,655 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New roverpass for TER trains june-sept - ZOU ! Pass 15euros

This particular Zou pass is only for train travel, and would not work for Aix to Avignon since they are in different departements

There are different zou passes for the LER buses and different ones for more genreral use on the trains

what age are you? is aix to avignon the only journey you plan to do?

Earth City, Missouri
Level Contributor
3 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: New roverpass for TER trains june-sept - ZOU ! Pass 15euros

Thanks for replying selkieNice! I'm 33. I'm taking many little trips around the cote d'azure, mostly by bus which I understand is 1.5euros for an hour, so I don't think they're worth getting passes for. Then from Nice I'll be taking either a bus or train to Aix-en-Provence, and after a few days from Aix to Avignon.

Nice
Level Contributor
12,655 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: New roverpass for TER trains june-sept - ZOU ! Pass 15euros

Are you travelling solo?

Antibes, France
Level Contributor
8,510 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: New roverpass for TER trains june-sept - ZOU ! Pass 15euros

Selkie-your suggestion of big day trip e.g.Nice to Arles or Avignon -is that to buy 3 (?) Departmental tickets at the same time?

Ed

Nice
Level Contributor
12,655 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: New roverpass for TER trains june-sept - ZOU ! Pass 15euros

Yes, 3 department tickets if someone wanted to do a long day trip

Nice to Aix is 37.40 € single with TER trains -

Nice to Avignon is 46.80 € single with TER trains

so 45 euros for the day trip works out quite cheap

with an advantage over TGVs in getting to the centre station , and being able to take the 5.55am train west with TER

If they were plannning any other trips in the region in addition to a long day trip , a Carte zou 50/75 would almost certainly work out better

Edited: 02 June 2013, 20:04
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: New roverpass for TER trains june-sept - ZOU ! Pass 15euros

Is the equivalent family price 35 euros and has this replaced the pass isabelle. Presumably 3 day passes are no longer available.

Swindon, United...
11 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: New roverpass for TER trains june-sept - ZOU ! Pass 15euros

Hi is this pass valid from Lyon to Annecy? Planning a day trip from and to lyon but this trip costs 200 euros for 4 of us. Thanks