We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2-week Itinerary validation please

Montreal
Level Contributor
594 posts
64 reviews
Save Topic
2-week Itinerary validation please

Week 1 (based in Maubec):

Day 1 Arrive

Day 2 Luberon South villages (Bonnieux et al)

Day 3 Avignon I

Day 4 Les Baux / Alpilles (Time for Arles yes or no?)

Day 5 Sorgue / Fontaine de Vaucluse

Day 6 Luberon North villages

Day 7 Stay close to home

Day 8 Trvel to Vaison la Romaine

Week 2: Based in VLR

Day 1: VLR explore

Day 2: Chateauneuf du Pape

Day 3: Orange

Day 4: Mont Ventoux

Day 5: Gigondas

Day 6: Avignon II

Day 7: Leave for Marignane

So is that too ambitious? I was hoping to seePont du gard but not sure when to fit that in.

provence
Destination Expert
for Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur
Level Contributor
1,978 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2-week Itinerary validation please

Personally I think you should allow yourselves some more "free" time to take in the places that you come across rather than tick off a must see list.

Also what time of the year are you going - if July/August you may need to re think some of the bigger tourist attractions.

A few observations. I would not advise doing Arles as well on day 4 - it is probably worth a day all to itself.

Days 3 and week II day 6. Beware Avignon in July as it is the festival for much of that month - some love it others hate it.

You can easily combine Gigondas and Chateauneuf into one day thus saving you a day to explore yourself.

Personally I would visit Arles over Orange but that is a personal choice as I prefer Arles.

Once I would have said there is not much to do with Mont Ventoux - you drive up it, have a look and then drive down it. However I think it is worth it to compare the villages on the north side to those on the south side. Do watch the weather though.

Again I would repeat - allow yourselves some free time just to sit and soak up the atmosphere - I've said it before but the less you do the more you will see.

California
Destination Expert
for Grasse
Level Contributor
8,178 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2-week Itinerary validation please

One thought: why not visit Châteauneuf-du-Pape before you head north to Vaison-La-Romaine? Otherwise you'll have to back-track and waste time. Also, I'd e inclined to skip Mont-Ventoux in favor of the absolutely amazing Pont du Gard, which you could combine with Arles on one day.

Montreal
Level Contributor
594 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2-week Itinerary validation please

This is great feedback - thanks and keep it coming!

Montreal
Level Contributor
594 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 2-week Itinerary validation please

We are going on Friday!

Toowoomba, Australia
Level Contributor
1,276 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 2-week Itinerary validation please

The day from Maubec to Vaison is not really a long drive. I would suggest perhaps visiting Gigondas on that day. There are some lovely villages nearby e,g Seguret which you could also stop at. From Vaison, you could also visit Nyons which is famous for olives and has an attractive old bridge. I would be trying to combine a couple of days to allow for time to visit other places. You could easily do more than just Gigondas in one day.

Have fun It is a great area.

California
Destination Expert
for Grasse
Level Contributor
8,178 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 2-week Itinerary validation please

The olives from Nyons are exceptionally good, good enough to have their own appellation côntrolée, just like a good wine. You can visit the local cooperative, which has a big selection of olive products in addition to the oils.

7. Re: 2-week Itinerary validation please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2014, 06:18