We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

please help with urgent itinerary changes, go in a few days

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
73 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
please help with urgent itinerary changes, go in a few days

Hi I go to Provence in a couple of days and I will be staying near Avignon and until recently I had my itinerary perfectly worked out but now last minute changes mean I will have to drop one day of sightseeing and I really don't know which one to drop. Currently I am going to visit Arles, Avignon, a few Luberon villages, Orange, Nimes, the Pont du Gard and Les Baux de Provence and I'm going to have to drop at least one of these laces so I would like to know what people think the most missable is. (I am interested in history and I also like places with nice atmosphere and attractive villages). Thanks for your help.

French Riviera Day Trip from Nice
126 reviews
from US$104.80*
Special Offer
Monaco and Eze Small-Group Day Trip...
631 reviews
from US$98.90*
US$109.90
Special Offer
Provence Countryside Small Group Day...
455 reviews
from US$98.90*
US$109.90
French Riviera Small Group Day Trip...
403 reviews
from US$133.80*
Gard, France
Destination Expert
for Avignon
Level Contributor
13,844 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: please help with urgent itinerary changes, go in a few days

How many days?

If you're staying near Avignon, maybe you could pop in when it's most convenient for you - but remember it's the festival there and parking will be extra difficult.

You could combine Nimes and the Pont du Gard, making a Roman day of it. I'd miss out Les Baux; it's OK, good views but it's not somewhere I thought was fantastic, but we combined it with Les Carrières de Limières, which I did think was fantastic.

Montelimar, France
Level Contributor
1,301 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: please help with urgent itinerary changes, go in a few days

I would drop Orange.The roman theatre and the arch are great but the city never appealed to me.

Vaison la romaine is nicer.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
13,492 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: please help with urgent itinerary changes, go in a few days

Orange has never appealed to me either.

And you are going to see lots of other Roman sites in your other destinations.

I'd give it a miss.

California
Destination Expert
for Grasse
Level Contributor
8,640 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: please help with urgent itinerary changes, go in a few days

Orange is also farther north than your other destinations; that would be the spot I would drop.

provence
Destination Expert
for Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur
Level Contributor
2,105 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: please help with urgent itinerary changes, go in a few days

Totally agree - drop Orange. I might also be tempted to drop Nimes just so you get a bit of time just to soak up the Provencal atmosphere.

Bedoin, France
Level Contributor
4,908 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: please help with urgent itinerary changes, go in a few days

I too would drop Orange.

7. Re: please help with urgent itinerary changes, go in a few days

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 July 2014, 05:18