We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2.5 Days Les Baux, Nimes, Arles

Atlanta, Georgia
1 post
Save Topic
2.5 Days Les Baux, Nimes, Arles

Hello,

I am planning a trip to France at the end of August early September. There will be two of us traveling together and we're planning to do 3 Riviera days and then spend a 2.5 days in Provence before taking a train to Paris. The 2.5 days in Provence is where I need some advice because I think I've planned too much. Below is my itinerary. We'll have a car.

Itinerary

Monday: Leave Nice in the morning via rental car

Arrive in Les Baux mid to late morning and explore the castle ruins

Drive to Nimes for afternoon exploration and stay the night

Tuesday: Drive to Pont du Gard for the first half of the day

Drive to Arles and spend the afternoon exploring

Stay the night

Wednesday: Morning market in Arles

Drive to Avignon around 1pm, drop the rental car

Train to Paris

I would love some advice on whether this is a do-able itinerary. Am I packing too much in? Missing any key sights? Any and all recommendations are welcome.

Also, I wanted to experience the Arles market on Wednesday market day, which is why I bypass it for Nimes after Les Baux.

Thank you.

Le Bugue, France
Level Contributor
14,097 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2.5 Days Les Baux, Nimes, Arles

Sure, it'd do-able, but not how I would organize that short a time in the area. Maybe you have a good reason to include Nîmes and spend a night there (and there are good reasons), but it would never be on my list for a 2.5-day trip. I'd be in St-Rémy andUzès and the Camargue before I'd hit Nîmes. But really, that's just me. There's nothing wrong with your plan.

2. Re: 2.5 Days Les Baux, Nimes, Arles

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 29 December 2015, 16:10
Edited: 29 December 2015, 16:10
Provence
Level Contributor
810 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2.5 Days Les Baux, Nimes, Arles

Your trip is totally feasable (did about the same last week). I would agree with the location and, if I was you, would select a smaller town as St Remy or Arles and then maybe find a minute to spend a bit more time in Avignon which it would be a shame to miss.

hope that helps

4. Re: 2.5 Days Les Baux, Nimes, Arles

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 July 2014, 05:17