We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A week in Provence/Cote d'Azur in September - with toddlers!

Waikato
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
A week in Provence/Cote d'Azur in September - with toddlers!

Hi there,

We are planning on heading to the south of France - Provence - for a week this month (sept). Would anyone have any suggestions on towns to be based for good food, child-friendliness (!) and great scenery. Markets/beaches/food/cycling/walking - are all in favour!

Thanks very much,

Sarah

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Barnstaple, Robin Hood's Bay, Whitby
Level Contributor
4,648 posts
193 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A week in Provence/Cote d'Azur in September - with toddlers!

Have a look at Cassis, Sarah, it ticks a lot of your boxes

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
2,391 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A week in Provence/Cote d'Azur in September - with toddlers!

St. Remy-de-Provence is a well-known spot that shouldn't be too full of tourists by then. We liked the Residence les Sources for an apartment where we could walk to town. They have a big central yard.

Edited: 20 September 2013, 22:27
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
11,676 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A week in Provence/Cote d'Azur in September - with toddlers!

St Remy isn't in the Cote d'Azur and is a long way from the beach.

Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
for Venice, Provence
Level Contributor
7,437 posts
441 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: A week in Provence/Cote d'Azur in September - with toddlers!

Sarah, I am thinking ions back when my kids were toddlers and where would I have been able to keep them happy for a week and keep my sanity. I think Nice would be a nice base, although beach is not sandy. It has those flat and smooth rocks. If you are thinking of a smaller base, sandy beach, and still lots of space to roam around for you and the kids, take a look at Antibes. Both are very user friendly. Cassis is a pretty spot but I would be pulling my hair out in about two days. :-) I think the French are reasonably fond of children assuming yours do not trash the place.

Edited: 20 September 2013, 22:56
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
11,676 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: A week in Provence/Cote d'Azur in September - with toddlers!

The twin towns of Antibes and Juan-les-Pins are an excellent rec. JLP is very kid-friendly. Great beaches there too.

6. Re: A week in Provence/Cote d'Azur in September - with toddlers!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 September 2014, 05:17