We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

June Itinerary

Sanibel Island...
Level Contributor
2,692 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
June Itinerary

We (a family of 5 adults) are going to be in France for 14 nights flying to Paris on June 11 and leaving Marseilles on the 25th. My rough plan is to spend a couple of nights in Paris (we have been there before and just want to be there shortly to acclimate) before embarking on points south. We have to drop off our son at Montpellier at the end and then we will drive to Marseilles airport to fly out (we don't need to visit the city).

We have been to Cote D'Azor before and so we are not looking to return at this time. I like Roman history and my wife likes natural beauty and small village walks. Of course we all love food!

So this is a first draft:

Nights:

1-2 Paris, then take a train to Lyon

3-5 Lyon for two full days Then rent a car and drive to Avignon

6-9 Avignon- three days to see the town and take day trips to the Luberon, St Remy

10-13 Nimes or Arles? Three days to see the towns, Roman sites, kayak Pont du Gard

14 Montpellier then drive to MRS to fly home.

How is the pace? Is there anything we should add or are we spending too much time in any one area at the expense of something we should add or expand? Perhaps spend some of the overnights in smaller towns and go into the larger?

Any suggestions are appreciated!

Sanibel Island...
Level Contributor
2,692 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: June Itinerary

Wow, thanks again for the feedback. I am looking at maps but sometimes what looks easy on paper is a completely different story. It certainly looks like having one or two bases in the small villages is the way to go. Is two days/ three nights too much or too little time to spend in Lyon considering our time constraints?

12. Re: June Itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 April 2015, 05:17