We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best town to arrange walking/driving tour

Hilton Head, South...
Level Contributor
73 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Best town to arrange walking/driving tour

My husband , daughter and her boy friend and I will be visiting Provence in late October. We are staying at an apartment in Arles. We are renting a car. We know we will visit the sights in Arles, Nimes, Avignon to see the ruins etc. .

We'll probably only do one city with a tour guide. Which town do you think would be best for a guided tour? My husband and I have traveled in Europe , including Arles , before but daughter and her friend are kind of new. I also know they may want to go to a beach twon if it's at all warm , may want to ride horses in the Camargue, etc.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
14,129 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best town to arrange walking/driving tour

You really don't a tour guide for any of these places.

Just do some research / learning and explore on your own.

Edited: 06 June 2014, 01:07
Destination Expert
for Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur
Level Contributor
3,645 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best town to arrange walking/driving tour

I totally agree with datthecoast - the Camargue is WELL worth a day-trip.

If you are looking for wonderful beaches in Western Provence, you should absolutely check out the Camargue. The beaches are gorgeous, and you should absolutely visit Aigues-Mortes, the departure site for the French Crusaders - you may also want to check out Les Saintes-Maries-de-la-Mer.

My recommendation for a guidebook would be the Guide Michelin for Provence.

3. Re: Best town to arrange walking/driving tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 June 2015, 07:16