We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

lavender: early bloom=early harvest?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
51 posts
Save Topic
lavender: early bloom=early harvest?

Hello!

I will be in Provence on July 21 and hoping to catch some blooming lavender fields.

I've read however that they've been blooming early in the season. Does the early bloom mean that they going to be harvested early too? Is it still possible that I will be able to see some fields?

St. Saturnin d'Apt...
Level Contributor
152 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: lavender: early bloom=early harvest?

Yes, an early bloom means an early harvest. And yes, it is still possible you'll see fields on July 21st...

- Kevin

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
51 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: lavender: early bloom=early harvest?

Thanks for the info Kevin. :)

You have any idea about the blooming period of sunflower fields?

St. Saturnin d'Apt...
Level Contributor
152 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: lavender: early bloom=early harvest?

On the drive to Aix yesterday I saw some fields which looked like they'd probably be in full bloom mid-July, but I confess to having a better idea about lavender than sunflowers - we live in lavenderland around here !

- Kevin

4. Re: lavender: early bloom=early harvest?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2015, 05:17