We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunflowers and lavender in Provence?

Columbus
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Topic
Sunflowers and lavender in Provence?

I will be in Provence July 10-13th. I will have a car and want to drive through the countryside specifically to see fields of lavender in bloom. Would also love to see sunflowers. What cities/towns should I program in my GPS to see these sites? Thank you!

California
Destination Expert
for Grasse
Level Contributor
8,444 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sunflowers and lavender in Provence?

Where are you starting from?

Columbus
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Sunflowers and lavender in Provence?

Good question....still figuring that out. Landing in Paris and heading to Normandy for a few days. Originally I was going to drive down to the area but saw that it is about a 9 or 10 hour trip. Thinking it might be better to head back to Paris and take the TVG train to the area and then rent a car. (I think the train goes to Nice or Marseille. I only have a total of eight days for the entire trip and want to have at least one full day in Paris before returning home. This means I will have 2-3 days in Provence.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
13,126 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sunflowers and lavender in Provence?

Eight days and you want to do Paris / Normandy / Paris / Provence / Paris?

Good luck.

Going to Nice or Marseille doesn't get you anywhere close to lavender fields.

The TGV from Paris goes to Avignon.

There are lavender fields within less than an hours drive of Avignon.

California
Destination Expert
for Grasse
Level Contributor
8,444 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sunflowers and lavender in Provence?

What you need is a map of France. Look at the viamichelin.com web site, where you can see maps and get driving routes and time estimates (always on the light side; add 25% to be safe). That will let you calculate just how much territory you can cover in the limited time you have available. I really think you will need to omit Normandy or Provence.

Columbus
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Sunflowers and lavender in Provence?

Thank you for your message! Much appreciated!

6. Re: Sunflowers and lavender in Provence?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 June 2015, 05:17