We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Drive from Paris to Montpellier

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
41 posts
396 reviews
Save Topic
Drive from Paris to Montpellier

Pl advise best scenic route and towns to halt on our way in a day drive. Plan to leave early morning. Stop for breakfast lunch and afternoon tea

Le Bugue, France
Level Contributor
14,097 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Drive from Paris to Montpellier

Why are you not taking the train? A drive from Paris to Montpellier will take the entire day, as opposed to 3-4 hours on the train - which could be a lot cheaper, too.

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
41 posts
396 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Drive from Paris to Montpellier

Can't take train. I have a car and 5 pax

Aubrey, Texas
Level Contributor
10,527 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Drive from Paris to Montpellier

A10, A71, A75. Millau for the afternoon stop. You can do the viaduc visitor center and walk up to the viewpoint in under an hour. No tea there so have to go down into the town. Be sure to backtrack and drive over the bridge.

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
41 posts
396 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Drive from Paris to Montpellier

Thanx buddy, which bridge?

Aubrey, Texas
Level Contributor
10,527 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Drive from Paris to Montpellier

Millau Viaduc.

www.abelard.org/france/viaduct-de-millau.php

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
41 posts
396 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Drive from Paris to Montpellier

Thanx will definitely do this. Will both ways. Can one walk to the bridge?

Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris, Loire Valley
Level Contributor
22,165 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Drive from Paris to Montpellier

There is an observation area on the north side of the bridge, accessible from A75. While A75 is a free autoroute, I believe there is a 5€ charge to cross the bridge.

I have driven from Paris to the Mediterranean coast many times and I would not recommend attempting it in one day, particularly with 5 passengers. I usually exit A75 near the Viaduc de Garabit and stay the night at one of the hotels there:

http://www.beau-site-hotel.com/

8. Re: Drive from Paris to Montpellier

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 July 2015, 05:17