We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Provence in Sept-Oct

Which Aix-en-Provence hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
sydney australia
Level Contributor
548 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Provence in Sept-Oct

Could someone tell me what the weather is usually like at the end of September, and is it a busy season for tourists? Thanks.

London
Level Contributor
206 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Provence in Sept-Oct

We regularly go to Provence (and the Drome) in mid September and still find it warm enough to swim out of doors in unheated pools although water at around 20C is a little bracing. Can't remember having any seriously discouraging weather at that time and frankly we prefer it on the warm rather than the hot side - there is a tendancy to fry in late July/early August. Also, because all the school holidays have come to an end, there are a lot fewer tourists about, it's easier to get around and parking spaces become at least a possibility. It's a good time to go.

Diz
UK
Level Contributor
1,048 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Provence in Sept-Oct

Out of season, check for changes to opening hours - tourist attractions which are open all day during the peak holiday season may revert to closing for a couple of hours for lunch, which can be annoying if you're not prepared!

New Jersey
Level Contributor
38 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Provence in Sept-Oct

We went in mid-Oct and the weather in Provence was beautiful. mid 70's (F) during the day with cooler nights. As we got closer to Paris, it was cool, but not much more than a light sweater/hjacket was needed. I think it's a great time to go.

Isle sur sorgue...
Level Contributor
393 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Provence in Sept-Oct

Hi fally,

last year the weather in September was fantastic and we hope it will be good this year. I would certainly advise booking Provence in September. We are already getting booked up at Les Carmes. I think a lot of people like to wait until the children have gone back to school before coming. September can be as busy for us as July & August, but the crowds are much less when you are driving around.

Have a great holiday!

ESCARGOT

Les Carmes

5. Re: Provence in Sept-Oct

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 August 2009, 21:17