We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

lavendar

NEW ZEALAND
Level Contributor
16 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
lavendar

Can you please tell me how long the lavendar will bloom in the fields for wil we see it in august

Pleaae tell me when it will be harvested

also cheap appartment villa for 2 in August 1 week please

Aix-en-Provence...
Level Contributor
71 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: lavendar

The lavender season is mid June to mid July. A nice place to stay in Aix en Provence in August is Sous le Tilleul. It is located in the town of Aix en Provence. Here is the link http://www.sousletilleul.com/

NEW ZEALAND
Level Contributor
16 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: lavendar

thank you for your reference

is the lavender season the same in Tuscanny I fear we arrive late july and will miss seeing the lavender fields! can you please tell me is opera open air concerts easy to see in Aix en Provence in Aug? or where should we go are there any festivals to see? DO NOT WANT TO MISS MArket day in this area can you please tell me the day so I am there for the right day

Is cassis worth a nights stay or just travel for the day from Aix en Provvence?

Many thanks for your time

Aix-en-Provence...
Level Contributor
71 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: lavendar

I have no idea about lavender fields in Tuscany. The Opera/concert season in Aix is in the month of July. Market days are Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday in Aix en Provence. Cassis is a lovely place but will be mobbed in August. Many french take vacations in August and go to the beach! For sure you want to visit Les Baux de Provence (and the Cathedrale d'Image), the area of Luberon( highly reccommend Rousillion,Loumarin and Gordes)for the feeling of Provence.

Philadelphia, PA
Destination Expert
for Cassis, Marseille, Manosque, Alpes-de-Haute-Provence, Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur
Level Contributor
1,707 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: lavendar

On the plateau de Valensole there are immense fields and a lavender festival also many fabulous places: Moustiers-Sainte-Marie or for a hike Les Gorges du Verdon.

5. Re: lavendar

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 November 2009, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Aix-en-Provence