We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus from Aix-en-Provence to Nice

London
Level Contributor
9 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
Bus from Aix-en-Provence to Nice

Hi all,

I'm trying to plan a trip with my parents and boyfriend through southern France and am looking for some guidance.

Is there a bus that goes from Aix-en-Provence to Nice? I have seen similar questions in the forum before but they are relating more to the airport which is not an issue for us, we actually want to get into Nice town.

I know there is a train but we are doing a lot of trains on this journey and thought that a bus might mix things up somewhat.

Thanks for your help

Kelly

1. Re: Bus from Aix-en-Provence to Nice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 07 June 2009, 11:38
UK
Level Contributor
3,955 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus from Aix-en-Provence to Nice

Hi, this is I think the timetable for the line that SelkieNice recommends www.infociao.com/pdf/reseaux/FH%2020_1.pdf

You might want to send her (or him, I think it's her) a pm to check, I haven't actually used this line myself.

3. Re: Bus from Aix-en-Provence to Nice

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 27 October 2015, 16:07
Nice
Level Contributor
12,655 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bus from Aix-en-Provence to Nice

I'm female =]

The bus from Aix stands up well to the train = the express buses take about 2 hours 20 minutes for 28 euros 50

You will probably see more if the countryside from the train if that is an issue for you as the express coaches take the fastest roads

train from Aix centre takes around 3 and 3/4 hours and costs about 35 euros single [ faster if you go direct from Aix TGV station but still between 2 and a half and 3 hours for around 35 euros.

London
Level Contributor
9 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bus from Aix-en-Provence to Nice

The bus is sounding like a great options for us. Where would we buy tickets and will we need to do this in advance?

Thanks

London
Level Contributor
9 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bus from Aix-en-Provence to Nice

Just an update. We decided to take the bus which worked out fine. There was actually a summer pass available (info-ler.fr/doc/…flyer-pass-ete-ler.pdf) which meant that buying two of these passes was cheaper than buying 4 one way tickets to Nice. It looks like quite a good pass and made us wish that we had allocated more time in Aix during which we could have utilised the rest of these tickets.

You must make a reservation on the bus as well as buying the ticket. This can be done in the ticket office at the bus station or on the phone number listed on the brochure.

Nice
Level Contributor
12,655 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bus from Aix-en-Provence to Nice

I';m really glad it worked for you

Great to have details of the special ticket as well =}

8. Re: Bus from Aix-en-Provence to Nice

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 March 2010, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Aix-en-Provence