We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to get started...planning to go to Provence?

Singapore
Level Contributor
69 posts
Save Topic
Where to get started...planning to go to Provence?

Hi Provence Experts. I am just starting to plan (hopefully not too late) for a short visit of 5 days in Provence in late July after seeing some very lovely pictures of lavender/sunflowers in bloom. Please direct me to the appropriate sites to get started on this process.

I am interested in flower fields, food markets and quaint small towns. We will be travelling from Paris to Provence.

Thank you so much!

Destination Expert
for Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur
Level Contributor
3,644 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Where to get started...planning to go to Provence?

I urge you to seriously consider establishing a single, well-centered base for exploring Provence, as doing so will allow you to visit the many super-scenic sites via a series of day-trips.

If you can possibly extend your stay in Provence to 7 days, and your first night would be a Saturday, I urge you to think about renting a house, as opposed to staying in a hotel.

You also need to think about what sort of things you want to do and any specific places you want to visit. Provence has what many consider to be the best preserved Roman ruins in the world - Nimes, Arles, Pont du Gard, Aigues-Mortes, Orange, etc. It is also home to some super-important Medieval sites, including the Papal Palace in Avignon,

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
13,472 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Where to get started...planning to go to Provence?

Not sure who your comments are directed to, A-Gal......

The OP's visit was last July.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
90,097 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Where to get started...planning to go to Provence?

The thread was recently revived with a new question in reply #8.

14. Re: Where to get started...planning to go to Provence?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 October 2014, 05:16