We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aix Toursit Office Tours

Ohio
Level Contributor
60 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Aix Toursit Office Tours

Has anyone taken one of the group bus tours offered through the Aix en Provence Tourist Office? I am not a big fan of organized tours, but these look like they might offer the easiest way for us to see some of the villages and markets in Luberon without having to rent a car. I don't have a sense of how many people they accommodate (the smaller the better for us), but there is a wide range of tours offered for a reasonable price. Any input would be so helpful. Thanks.

Tylene Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Day Trips
Wine in Provence Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Wine Tours & Tastings , Private Tours
Provence Connection
Sightseeing Tours, Taxis & Shuttles, City Tours, Cultural Tours, Private Tours
Provence
Level Contributor
811 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Aix Toursit Office Tours

I didnt take a tour myself but from what I saw the tours are usually on the small side. You might however come on a busy day you never know.

If a guide works for a tourist office, that usually means he's reliable and will know the tours he's leading. Some of them however will emphasize a tiny bit too much on the historic bit.

Hope this will help

Antibes, France
Level Contributor
9,352 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Aix Toursit Office Tours

Such bus tours are the best means of seeing some of rural Provence where public transport is sparse and they are good value if you havn't a car. I looked at the Aix programme and it is pretty impressive. The tours are probably not run by the tourist office itself but by private operators who presumably have the blessing of the tourist office. I know it sounds silly - but one thing you should check is if your tour has an English language commentary. You will no doubt be subjected to stops which involve marketing opportunities - lavander, perfume, wine, chocolate etc but I am sure you can deal maturely with this.

Ed

Santa Barbara...
Level Contributor
16 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Aix Toursit Office Tours

There are two walking tours that are sponsored by the Tourist Office and given in English. One is on Thursdays from 10-12, called "In the steps of Cezanne." The other English tour is given only on Saturdays from 10-12. Each costs 8E, but you can get it for half price by purchasing the Tourist Pass for 2E at the Aix Tourism office, where the tours originate.

Munich, Germany
Level Contributor
1 post
71 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Aix Toursit Office Tours

We just took the 8 euro Saturday morning tour by the Aix tourist office. Very knowledgable French guide who spoke English well. Limit is 30 people, no reservations necessary- but is first 30 people to show up. Walking tour started at tourist office at 10am and ended at the cathedral Saint Sauveur at noon. We walked along the main road Cours Mirabeau, up to the Town Hall and then up to the Cathedral. He showed us around inside for a while (before it closed from 12-2) and pointed out the old Roman forum and part of an old Roman road inside the church. Very interesting and well worth the money!

5. Re: Aix Toursit Office Tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 April 2015, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Aix-en-Provence