We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

TGV train station car rental line-ups

Prince Rupert...
Level Contributor
8 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
TGV train station car rental line-ups

We have a rental car reservation at the TGV train station in Aix en Provence for Sat. Aug. 3. I understand that the car rental agency line-ups at airports can get very long especially during the busy summer travel period.

Can we expect the same for the Aix en Provence TGV station? Has anybody experienced line-ups there?

1. Re: TGV train station car rental line-ups

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 June 2013, 21:53
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
85,454 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: TGV train station car rental line-ups

If you try to rent just after a TGV has arrived, there will probably be a line. When I got off a TGV at Avignon, it took me about 20 minutes to pick up a car, and I was not at the end of the line. I would think that Aix would be much the same.

Monte-Carlo, Monaco
Destination Expert
for Monte-Carlo, Monaco
Level Contributor
1,933 posts
260 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: TGV train station car rental line-ups

If 20 or 30 minutes is make or break for you, you could try joining the loyalty scheme of the company you are renting from. Both Avis and Europcar have schemes that take you to the head of the queue or have separate queues - because they have your driver's licence and credit card details on file already. I guess the others do too.

4. Re: TGV train station car rental line-ups

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 June 2014, 06:20
Get answers to your questions about Aix-en-Provence