We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beaches Near Aix en Provence

Bath
Level Contributor
7 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Beaches Near Aix en Provence

Hi Everyone

Would anyone be able to provide suggestions regarding the best beaches near Aix (maybe within 30 - 45 minutes drive)?

We are looking for a lovely cove, preferably sand or light shingle, not too commercial and with sunbeds / parasols for hire?

We are staying in Aix and have a car.

Many thanks.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
14,163 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beaches Near Aix en Provence

Try la Plage des Baumette at Sausset-les-Pins.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
6,993 posts
492 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beaches Near Aix en Provence

Cassis is a lovely charming village. You can tour the Collanques while there. Multiple beaches but I don't remember if they had sunbeds

Mentioned in this post
Cassis
Cassis
French Riviera - Cote d'Azur, France
Guildford, England
Level Contributor
5,825 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beaches Near Aix en Provence

I would give Cassis a miss, very touristy and Disney like. The places to swim I saw were one stoney beach with sunbeds which was extremely crowded and the rest you had to swim off of rocks. I'm glad I saw the place but would never return.

However if you want to go walking/hiking then the trails to and around the Calanques are lovely.

Mentioned in this post
Cassis
Cassis
Disneyland Paris
Disneyland Paris
Seine-et-Marne, France
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
6,993 posts
492 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beaches Near Aix en Provence

Wow I don't find Cassis Disney like at all. To me it was a very authentic town. Touristy yes but most nice places that are easy to get to are.

We stayed there for days which I think gives a better feel than a day trip.

The Collanques are nature's masterpieces -nothing Disney can create. The old town and market day are used by locals to do their day to day living/shopping.

Mentioned in this post
Cassis
Cassis
Disneyland Paris
Disneyland Paris
Seine-et-Marne, France
Marseille, France
Destination Expert
for Marseille, Aix-en-Provence
Level Contributor
1,481 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beaches Near Aix en Provence

It's "calanques", not "collonques". (Just pointing out, in case anyone is googling it). A full guide to the calanques and how to visit them: marseille-provence.info/places/sights-and-at…

UK
Level Contributor
3,964 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beaches Near Aix en Provence

There are two beaches in Cassis, one is pebbly, the other is sand. It's a lovely place with fab restaurants.

Mentioned in this post
Cassis
Cassis
Bath
Level Contributor
1 post
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Beaches Near Aix en Provence

Thanks everyone for your replies.

8. Re: Beaches Near Aix en Provence

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 July 2014, 06:19