We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aix Daytrip

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
1,024 posts
53 reviews
Save Topic
Aix Daytrip

Plan on taking early train to from Nice for the day.

What to do and where to go? I will be traveling with my parents in their 60s.

Old Aix is on the cards of course, is it big enough for us to wonder around sip wine and eat for the day? or should we go somewhere else?

Thanks

Marseille, France
Destination Expert
for Marseille, Aix-en-Provence
Level Contributor
1,431 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Aix Daytrip

There aren't a huge number of sights in Aix -- it's simply a very pleasant city to wander around. If you arrive before noon, make straight for the street markets in the Old Town: these are colourful and in attractive squares and settings (but they fold around lunchtime).

If you are interested in art, Cezanne's studio is certainly worth a visit as well as the major current show of 19th and 20th century art at the Musee Granet , Le Grand Atelier du Midi. More about this show: marseille-provence.info/marseille-provence-2…

Otherwise I would think strolling, shopping and a leisurely lunch would fill the day nicely.

Edited: 26 August 2013, 09:10
Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
1,024 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Aix Daytrip

Perfect! just wanted to make sure... thanks

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Barnstaple, Robin Hood's Bay, Whitby
Level Contributor
4,878 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Aix Daytrip

I would hugely recommend visiting the Cathédrale Aix-en-Provence too, it has the most stunning cloister with glorious Provençal light

4. Re: Aix Daytrip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 August 2014, 07:19
Get answers to your questions about Aix-en-Provence