We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to fax and call Aix from USA

Which Aix-en-Provence hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Salem, Massachusetts
Level Contributor
1,481 posts
227 reviews
Save Topic
How to fax and call Aix from USA

Hi again...I am dialing 011 33 4 and then the list phone & fax number. Some calls connect and some do not. Can anyone advise what I am doing wrong? Also there seems to be a problem with not receiving emails. Is there a problem with the email service in Aix? Many thanks for your help!

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
83,886 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How to fax and call Aix from USA

You need to dial 011 33 and then the French phone number, dropping the leading zero.

Email in Aix is fine.

Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris, Loire Valley
Level Contributor
21,203 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How to fax and call Aix from USA

Sometimes overseas lines are busy and calls will not complete. Simply try again later.

The French, still disappointed by the overall failure of their Minitel, have not embraced email. Don´t expect a lot of correspondence by email and never use email to send personal data such as credit card information.

Marseille, France
Destination Expert
for Marseille, Aix-en-Provence
Level Contributor
1,362 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How to fax and call Aix from USA

My experience, like Sarastro, is that the French have been - and remain - very behind in the use of the internet. They frequently take days, if not weeks, to reply to (business) email, websites are poorly maintained, etc.

Languedoc-Roussillon...
Destination Expert
for Avignon
Level Contributor
12,137 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How to fax and call Aix from USA

I had a lot of problems last week calling family in England. I just kept trying (knew the codes were fine) and eventually got through each time. I'm finding this a particular problem with iphones.

I agree mostly with #3, apart from finding that tourist offices are pretty good at replying the same or next day.

The French did well with Minitel all those years ago; I was impressed with it at the time - and yes, I think after that died, confidence in a new system just wasn't there.

Edited: 04 October 2013, 13:16
Aix-en-Provence...
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: How to fax and call Aix from USA

You must dial 0033 442...

regards

Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris, Loire Valley
Level Contributor
21,203 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How to fax and call Aix from USA

<<You must dial 0033 442...>>

Sorry marc r but the information you have provided will not connect a call to France from North America. Nick´s information in post #1 is correct.

7. Re: How to fax and call Aix from USA

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 October 2014, 05:19