We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Corrida in Arles Easter 2013

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
396 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Corrida in Arles Easter 2013

I am planning to visit corrida in Arles over Easter. I see on Arenes Arles site that corrida starts at 5pm, and also there is show called corrida de rejon at 11pm. Is it corrida on horseback, with dead bull at the end?

Does local custom allows woman and children at the arena for corrida, or is it men/adults only? would appreciate some input from local experts or experienced travelers.

Provence
Level Contributor
810 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Corrida in Arles Easter 2013

The rejon is indeed a Horse corrida and the bull gets kill in the end.

The show where the bulls doesnt get killed is called "course camarguaise" in the region.

Weird I dont see the rejon scheduled on the program 2013 in Arles ???

As for kids they are admitted but I believe only on third category (i.e. top of the arena far away from the bulls) and kids under 6 are not allowed.

Here is the link to the 2013's reservation site with more info :

arenes-arles.com/reservations/reservations_p…

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
396 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Corrida in Arles Easter 2013

Thank you for reply. Rejon is in on April 1, at 11.

There are some pictures of corrida ven-am (not sure what ven am stands for) in Arles posted on Facebook from Apr 9, 2012.

www.facebook.com/media/set/…

The arena seems only 20% full. Doesn't look like a popular event. Is it always like this? I really don't want to seat in empty arena. There will be different types of corrida at different days (novilada, etc). Is one event more popular then another?

Provence
Level Contributor
810 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Corrida in Arles Easter 2013

Weird... On the official feria site, cant see it

http://www.feriaarles.com/index.asp?menu=3

Am could stand for morning if in English or it could mean Après midi (afternoo) if in French but I couldnt see the pic it refers to on FB...

Normally the corridas are full as the Feria is a HUGE event in the region and Arles is more than busy. However I could understand that an event on the last day at 11pm when people are working the next day is not busy.

To be honest I dont usually attend corrida as not really into it. And in the region Corrida Portugaise with horses as we say are not the most common. We are more in a spanish traditional style corrida country.

Hope this will help

4. Re: Corrida in Arles Easter 2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 February 2014, 05:15