We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Late Lunch 3:10 PM Arles Train Arrival

NJ
Level Contributor
47 posts
Save Topic
Late Lunch 3:10 PM Arles Train Arrival

We will be arriving by train at 3:10Pm on a Tuesday. We will be boarding a riverboat that does not serve dinner until 8PM. Is there a place we can get a late lunch within walking distance of the train or cruise port? It would be better to drop our luggage at the dock before heading to eat but that would probably bring us to 3:30PM or so. I know most places close by 2:30PM. Are there all day brasseries?

We will be in Arles until Wed evening and would love to try traditional provencal food. Any recommendations would be appreciated. I saw Anthony Bourdain in Provence and would love to try aoili.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
13,123 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Late Lunch 3:10 PM Arles Train Arrival

You can certainly eat...you may have to search around to dine.

Grabbing a slice of pizza or a sandwich will be easy. You could visit a boulangerie or a traitteur for a slice of quiche or some great take away for a picnic.

Maine
Level Contributor
711 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Late Lunch 3:10 PM Arles Train Arrival

Hello, many places are closed after the lunch hour until dinner. You may have to eat food from Monoprix, a store -not what you expected, but with fruit, cheese, mousse du foie, baguettes, wine, it might be more fun than you thought

Provence
Level Contributor
811 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Late Lunch 3:10 PM Arles Train Arrival

Some of the café on the boulevard des lices or the place du forum will serve you salad and croque monsieur.

There is nothing at the train station so you will need to make into town. Will you have your luggage with you ?

NJ
Level Contributor
47 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Late Lunch 3:10 PM Arles Train Arrival

Yes, we will have luggage. I was really hoping to try some provencal cuisine while in Arles. We will be on a riverboat cruise for a week which included breakfast, lunch and dinner so I thought this might be my only chance to try some aoili with veggies and fish. We will be docked in Arles from Tues till Wed evening then headed to Avignon and on to Burgundy for a one week riverboat cruise. My best plan is to pack a picnic lunch in Paris for the train ride to Arles and hope to find a restaurant serving Provencal food for lunch on Wed and that I have enough time with our tour to do both! IF not, maybe in Avigon. I wonder if they sell aoili at the markets?

Worcester, MA
Destination Expert
for Dordogne
Level Contributor
1,334 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Late Lunch 3:10 PM Arles Train Arrival

Have you checked with your cruise agent /cruise line? They may have some suggestions/luggage accommodations for you; you are probably not the only passengers who are in this situation.

jhgrady

6. Re: Late Lunch 3:10 PM Arles Train Arrival

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 May 2014, 07:17