We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

AC in June

USA
Level Contributor
51 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
AC in June

Hi,

We are going to Avignon in June. What is the weather like in the first 2 weeks in June? DO we need AC there?

Thanks,

provence
Destination Expert
for Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur
Level Contributor
2,105 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: AC in June

Who can really predict the weather these days:-)

It should be lovely warm and sunny.

In my opinion AC is never needed in Provence. We do not have it and we have never found it to be a problem - just open the windows wider and switch the fan on.

Have a great trip!

Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris, Loire Valley
Level Contributor
23,128 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: AC in June

You will not need AC in June. August - maybe.

Bedoin, France
Level Contributor
4,908 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: AC in June

Hi there kiddo. I was waiting for others to give you their opinions. I think you know mine. I doubt you will really NEED a/c, but knowing your situation, if you were given the option, it might be nice to know if there was a bit of street noise, you could close the windows and turn on the a/c - turning it off when you chose.

Yet, I do not think it would be a requirement in June.

Good luck making your decision.

USA
Level Contributor
51 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: AC in June

Yes Lori, I agreed with you. But my husband liked the no AC one. So I told him I would post a question here and see other people opinions. I was hoping for the reinforcement of yours, so I can argue my case. But at the end, the one who pays for it probably is going to win.

:)

Bedoin, France
Level Contributor
4,908 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: AC in June

Fair enough, I think you'd be okay with either one.

6. Re: AC in June

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 27 October 2015, 16:03
Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris, Loire Valley
Level Contributor
23,128 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: AC in June

Of course there could always be a heatwave as what happen to us one May some years ago on a trip to Alsace. It was 30++ degrees and all I had was flannel shirts, sweaters, and long trousers.

Much to the objects of my wife, I ran around in my boxers. No one seemed to care. Alas, making weather predictions is always a dangerous affair.

USA
Level Contributor
51 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: AC in June

Thanks, what about mosquitoes? This is another reason why I want a AC room. I found a couple of posts here saying that the mosquitoes are real bad in July. Is it bad in June too? Mosquitoes love me. And I am afraid that they will love my baby too. I get super itchy when I get bitten. And I am not sure is the mosquito repellant is safe for the baby.

Bedoin, France
Level Contributor
4,908 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: AC in June

I have never really found mosquitoes to be a problem in Avignon. The Camargue - oh yes, big issue.

I too do not know if the plug in anti-mosquito devices are safe for babies. Maybe someone else can say. I know they sell bio anti mosquito devices too - not sure if those are okay or not. I do find that the devices work as far as keeping the mosquitoes at bay.

Tough call. I think I'd still lean towards the a/c rental, for the many reasons noted.

10. Re: AC in June

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 October 2009, 16:19