We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A night in Avignon or Arles?

Toronto
Level Contributor
51 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
A night in Avignon or Arles?

Hi all,

I am flying from Toronto to Lyon on aug 11 and thinking to do a short visit to Avignon and Arles. I wonder should i stay a night at Avignon or Arles?

I am a 26 femal and im going to travel by my own. Therefore i look for something budget and safe.

thanks =)

dihon

UK
Level Contributor
3,956 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A night in Avignon or Arles?

I much prefer Arles to Avignon, but can't recommend a hotel in Arles, the last one I stayed in there was pretty horrible. Arles is lovely, though, very walkable and I've always felt very safe there. If you go there, you might want to try the resto La Gueule du Loup in rue des Arenes. It's not that cheap, just good.

If you go to Avignon, I stayed in Hotel Medieval recently and it was excellent and 53 euro for a single room, and ate in Au tout petit, very near by, also excellent and very good value for money.

provence
Destination Expert
for Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur
Level Contributor
2,050 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A night in Avignon or Arles?

I too would second Arles.

I cannot recommend a budget hotel but be careful when looking at rates as often the cheaper chain hotels are located on estates out of towm.

You might like to look at Accor hotels which offer a range of hotels sorted by town into luxery to budget hotels with good relaible location maps. The hotels may not have much character but you know what you are getting!

Toronto
Level Contributor
51 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A night in Avignon or Arles?

thank you all for your helpful suggestions =))

i will probably stay a night in avignon and arles both. The reason is i will be arriving late (around 9ish) from chamonix to avignon.

Is that possible for me to do a lavender field trip? and as well as spend some time in the town as well??

thanks

London, UK
Level Contributor
7,040 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: A night in Avignon or Arles?

I think you will find the lavender has been harvested by now.

5. Re: A night in Avignon or Arles?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 January 2010, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Avignon