We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How Provence is like in April

Bangkok
Level Contributor
1 post
58 reviews
Save Topic
How Provence is like in April

Hi, I plan to travel to Provence around mid-April? I know there is no lavender at that time, but is it a nice time to stroll around those lovely little village around that area? I have 4-days and plan to rent a car and drive to Gordes,Roussillon and Gordes du Verdon. Which city is best to be my base - Avignon or Aix en Provance?

Many thanks in advance for all answers!

provence
Destination Expert
for Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur
Level Contributor
2,115 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How Provence is like in April

It is difficult to predict what the weather will do.

It is very early spring so it should not be cold.

The main advantage will be the lack of tourists!

Personally I would pick Avignon over Aix just because it is slightly more centrally located.

Melbourne Australia
Level Contributor
16 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How Provence is like in April

Hi Boucheboy,

There are 4 of us staying in Provence for a week in late April, have booked a house in the village of Caromb.

Do you know much about the area ?

Mentioned in this post
Caromb
Caromb
Vaucluse, France
Cambridge, Ma
Level Contributor
187 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How Provence is like in April

Avignon and the nearby villages is closer to the places you want to visit.. In April the cherry, peach, almond trees should be blooming.The weather patteren have changed so weather is unpredictable. One year it was VERY warm, anoter cool.

provence
Destination Expert
for Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur
Level Contributor
2,115 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How Provence is like in April

JoesJourney

Sorry to take so long to reply - busy at work.

You are near one of my favorite villages - Bedoin with its lovely Monday market.

Caromb itself is a quiet village but near Avignon and the Cote du Rhone wine villages. Also a trip up Mont Ventoux that dominates the surrounding area is a must.

Mentioned in this post
Bedoin
Bedoin
Vaucluse, France
Caromb
Caromb
Vaucluse, France
Rhone
Rhone
Auvergne-Rhone-Alpes, France
5. Re: How Provence is like in April

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 August 2010, 08:16