We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Close Train Connections

Which Avignon hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Noosa, Australia
Level Contributor
164 posts
275 reviews
Save Topic
Close Train Connections

Hi,

Can anyone advise re the following.

We are catching a train from Avignon Centre to Arles, with a change over of only 5 minutes to continue our journey.

This is how my ticket reads.

Depart Avignon Centre for Arles 22/06 intercities De Nuit 4283 arrive Arles 5.45am, on the SAME

Ticket depart Arles 5.50am for Beziers Intercities 4742. Is there any way it could be the same train.

Can anyone advise re Arles Station (size are their lots of platforms) etc.

I am starting to get very nervous about this changeover, our final destination is Barcelona.

I decided a few weeks ago I could not wait any longer for the speed train to start up, we are

Leaving Australia in a matter of days

Any help on this question will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers, Sunshineqld

Andrésy, France
Level Contributor
5,755 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Close Train Connections

That is risky. I see that train from Avignon to Arles has been more than 15 minutes late on 19% of days in the last 3 months. Can you not take the next connection which arrives in Barcelona 2 hours later than that one ?

Noosa, Australia
Level Contributor
164 posts
275 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Close Train Connections

Hi trade form,

Those odds are not good, I will take another look at my options.

Thanks...

Noosa, Australia
Level Contributor
164 posts
275 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Close Train Connections

Hi Tradeform,

I hope you may also have an answer for this question.

I am now looking at a later train from Avignon @ 7.38 to Nimes with nearly 2 hours between

Changes, then on Figueres Vilafant arrival @ 12.41pm then from Figueres Vilafant station to Barcelona.

The changeover in Figueres Vilafant to the Barcelona train is 14 minutes, would that be enough

Time for us.

Thanks in advance.

Provence
Level Contributor
806 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Close Train Connections

Both arles and figueras train station are rather small. Arles is basically 2 platforms and I believe it is the same in Figueras.

So for you first option, you would had have time, providing your avignon train was on time.

For the second option, I believe you are changing to get on a TGV train and I've heard that the TGV will wait for any connecting train if late.

Hope this will help

And hope you'll enjoy your time in Provence and Catalunya, great choice!!!

Noosa, Australia
Level Contributor
164 posts
275 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Close Train Connections

Hi phidou,

I have now booked the trip that changes in Figueres, I thought we had a better chance with 14 minutes.

I am very grateful for help, and if the Tgv waits that's even better.

I will enjoy both Provence and Spain looking very much to heading off later this week.

Regards, Sunshineqld

London, UK
Level Contributor
7,040 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Close Train Connections

The connection time at Fiueres Villafant will be fine. The station was built for connections between the French TGV trains and the Spanish services to Barcelona. It has an island platform with the Spanish train waiting for the French one and vice versa.

Noosa, Australia
Level Contributor
164 posts
275 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Close Train Connections

Hi railtraveller65,

This news is magic to me ears lol.

Thankyou for replying, I appreciate ever bodies input.

I can't wait to be on your side of the world,

Cheers, Sunshineqld, Australia

8. Re: Close Train Connections

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 May 2014, 06:17