We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Avignon Quai de l,oulle dock to Marseille airport

sac
Level Contributor
7 posts
80 reviews
Save Topic
Avignon Quai de l,oulle dock to Marseille airport

I need to get from Viking ship to airport. Is there a bus or taxi to get me to TGV or is there a taxi to get me to train? Is the Avignon center farther than the TGV. How far is it to station from the dock?

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
13,037 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Avignon Quai de l,oulle dock to Marseille airport

All of the information that you are looking for is in detail right on the Viking web site.

…edgecastcdn.net/00475D/passenger_documentat…

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
29,811 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Avignon Quai de l,oulle dock to Marseille airport

If Viking does not provide its own transfer, do not go to Avignon TGV station.

Go to Avignon Centre station and buy a ticket to the Airport. This ticket will include both the train from Avignon Centre to Vitrolles Aeroport train station and the shuttle bus from there to the airport marseille-airport.com/access-car-parks/acces… - advance booking not required as these trains have no advance reductions or reserved seats.

sac
Level Contributor
7 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Avignon Quai de l,oulle dock to Marseille airport

Thank you soooo much. I kept looking and could not find this information on the site. I talked to someone at Viking about trying to add vouchers as my plane gets into Lyon the night before. They would not allow me to purchase transfer because they did not get airline tickets for me. I explained I would be staying at the airport and could meet at anytime. They said no. It would have been nice of her to lead me to this link. Again thank you.

sac
Level Contributor
7 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Avignon Quai de l,oulle dock to Marseille airport

Thank you very very much. I"ve spent hours trying to figure out the train station maps.

California
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Avignon Quai de l,oulle dock to Marseille airport

We will end our Viking "France's Finest" tour in Avignon on Oct 26th. Today we received the proposed airline booking through Viking and it is not acceptable as they had us booked on a flight from Marseilles departing at 7 am; one hour transport to the airport and need to be there 2 hours early? The entire flight home added up to over 26 hours, so we are going to decline and request money returned for flights. I quickly found other flights for a little less money and travel time home is 14 hours. The problem is of course the transfer. I too could not find the above brochure on the Viking website.

Viking wants $240 to transfer 2 of us to Marseilles airport, and I'm sure that there is a less expensive way. I'm nervous, but if anyone has any other tips, I would love to hear about them. Would I take a cab from the dock to Avignon Centre station? Is Vitrolles Aeroport the Marseille airport? Thank you so much for your help. I am very disappointed in the level of service not provided by Viking. Next trip won't be with Viking.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
13,037 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Avignon Quai de l,oulle dock to Marseille airport

Why would you let Viking book your flights?

Of course Viking wants to charge you a fortune for a "transfer."

Just take the train.

It's a one hour train trip that costs about 20 euros.

Monte-Carlo, Monaco
Destination Expert
for Monte-Carlo, Monaco
Level Contributor
2,017 posts
262 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Avignon Quai de l,oulle dock to Marseille airport

Taxi to the TGV station in Avignon, train to Aix en Provence TGV 20 minutes, shuttle bus from Aix TGV to Marseille Airport 10 minutes.

Vitrolles has the slower trains from Avignon Centre, and every train is met by a shuttle, but Aix is by far the most convenient and very much closer than Marseille St Charles (therefore also quicker and cheaper).

Good luck with asking for that refund from Viking... After they've put in the work to find flights, even bad ones, I bet they'll want some recompense. That $240 for the transfer, if by taxi, is actually about the going rate - taxis cost a fortune here.

sac
Level Contributor
7 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Avignon Quai de l,oulle dock to Marseille airport

I just got back from Viking tour last night. I wish I had let Viking arrange flights and transfer. It is expensive to go on your own to train. Please be aware there can be changes in your itinerary due to water levels of the river. You will be taken care of by Viking if you do their package. Our boat was to leave out of Chalone and left out of Lyon instead. I luckily checked my email a few days before and was notified of the change. We were traveling in Scotland the week before. I had bought tickets for the train before we left the states and it is very hard to get a refund from the train if there are changes. I would talk to Viking to see if they will change your air flights before making changes.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
13,037 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Avignon Quai de l,oulle dock to Marseille airport

"It is expensive to go on your own by train".

From Posts #6 and #7:

"It's a one hour train trip that costs about 20 euros."

"That $240 for the transfer, if by taxi, is actually about the going rate - taxis cost a fortune here."

10. Re: Avignon Quai de l,oulle dock to Marseille airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 July 2015, 07:16
Get answers to your questions about Avignon