We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Local-Avignon Tours

canada
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Topic
Local-Avignon Tours

Has anyone gone with this Tour company. I have not seen any reviews on it and was wondering how it was, as we are thinking of half day tour to lavender fields.

thank you for any input.

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Avignon
Level Contributor
13,360 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Local-Avignon Tours

It seems that it's part of the Tui AG group, a very large travel group in Europe. The prices are reasonable, and it was good to read the cancellation policy - if your visit is before lavender is at its best, you can cancel seven days before with no penalty, although I understand that other companies will change you to another tour.

http://www.local-avignon-tours.com/?_$ja=cgid:4649717900|tsid:43007|cid:126272540|lid:28684149821|nw:search|crid:29602146260|dvc:c|adp:1t3&gclid=CMCj1JKVpL0CFa-WtAodf2oAGg

There are several reviews of tours on their website, although I'm usually happier with some from TA; Provence Panorama has reviews on TA, and other companies' tours are bookable from Avignon tourist office.

Edited: 21 March 2014, 17:39
canada
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Local-Avignon Tours

Thank you for your reply, we are excited about hopefully seeing the lavender fields june 15 for a morning tour.

one tour company goes to Sault and one goes to Gordes, This might be our deciding factor, what is your opinion of these two villages.

thank you again.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
13,162 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Local-Avignon Tours

June 15 is very early for lavender in bloom.

I wouldn't expect to see any in either location.

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Avignon
Level Contributor
13,360 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Local-Avignon Tours

I agree about lavender for your mid-June date. You'll be able to see fields of lavender, but not as in the classic photos unfortunately. I'd suggest waiting until close to your visit date and ask here about lavender then, or else book a fully cancellable visit.

canada
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Local-Avignon Tours

Thank you for your replies, i do realize that we are early, but we are only there a feew days, so we will hope for the best and book a half day or full day, to see the lovely villages.

6. Re: Local-Avignon Tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 March 2015, 04:16