We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Avignon to Paris TGV ticket

Which Avignon hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
133 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Avignon to Paris TGV ticket

Hi,

I'm just checking the TGV ticket from Avignon to Paris on 7/21 and not seeing any discount tickets (25 Euro) for that date at all! Has it been all sold out already? I thought the sale doesn't start on the 90th day? But I can see the discount price on other dates in July (7/16, for example)

thanks!

Le Bugue, France
Level Contributor
14,097 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Avignon to Paris TGV ticket

No, it's not 3 months out from today yet. 3 months from today is July 5. You may have to wait. And don't expect a 25-euro fare. Sometimes they're that low (rarely), sometimes not. They could be all different amounts.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
237 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Avignon to Paris TGV ticket

delete

Edited: 05 April 2014, 22:53
Australia
Level Contributor
503 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Avignon to Paris TGV ticket

Can others please clarify this?

I bought my tickets for July 19 (different route) on April 4.

The English SNCF website says early bird fares are now available for travel from 3July to 24 August see

en.voyages-sncf.com/in/

Le Bugue, France
Level Contributor
14,097 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Avignon to Paris TGV ticket

Yes, there are early bird fares available until August 24, but my understanding is that they aren't all the fares and that 3 months out from a date of travel there will be further fares available. In other words, I believe the standard 3-month rule applies and this is just an added bonus. There's nothing to say that the early bird fares won't change, either, or run out. If I'm wrong on this, feel free to correct me.

Florida
Level Contributor
17,099 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Avignon to Paris TGV ticket

On Sale might mean tickets are released earlier for summer travel but not necessarily discounted (yet). I think that is what St Cirq is saying...

Paris, France
Level Contributor
16,645 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Avignon to Paris TGV ticket

I see fares as low as 40€ on several trains that day. I'm guessing that any lower fares, if there were any, for that date are already sold out. Considering that some of the fares are 98€ I think that 40€'sounds like a good deal.

Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris, Loire Valley
Level Contributor
20,971 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Avignon to Paris TGV ticket

Generally, iDTGV tickets are available 6 months in advance, prices can start as low as 19€. Regular TGV ticket sales open up 3 months in advance but sometimes earlier if the SNCF determines demand will be heavy. I purchased tickets for travel early July and I never saw PREMs, which are discounted fares, as low as 25€. The lowest I saw was 90€ and most trains had no PREMs at all for sell.

There is no absolute guarantee that PREMs will be always available for all trains and during busy summer months, 25€ PREMs will be limited. If you are seeing tickets now at 40€, I would grab them before they are gone.

Singapore
Level Contributor
401 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Avignon to Paris TGV ticket

Hi,

I am looking to buy TGV tickets from Paris to Avignon return and the fares are now going for Euro 146LOISIR REDUCED FARE to Euro 182LOISIR REDUCED FARE. Does that mean this is the cheapest rate I have to pay for my fares now and that I should not delay further as it will only get more expensive? Is it possible to buy the tickets when I arrive in Paris? How much more expensive for last minute tickets?

Kindly advise!

Thank you!

Shumshum

Singapore
Level Contributor
401 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Avignon to Paris TGV ticket

Hi again,

My apologies the fare i quoted is for two persons. So it will cost about Euro 424 for TGC tickets from Paris to Avignon for two persons, return journey at LOISIR REDUCED FARE rates which allowed refund at 12 Euro for admin charges.

If I do not book now, how much higher will it go?

Thanks!

Shumshum

10. Re: Avignon to Paris TGV ticket

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 May 2015, 05:15