We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Amateur Scooter Drivers in Luberon

Sofia, Bulgaria
12 posts
Save Topic
Amateur Scooter Drivers in Luberon

Hello,

Me an my girlfriend are arriving in Avignon end of June.

We were thinking about renting a scooter to move around Luberon. I have few questions though:

- Is scooter driving safe in the area for amateur scooter drivers like us? We both handle a bike just fine but have never been on a scooter before. I know if you can drive a bike, then there shouldn't be a a problem with scooters.

- Is it convenient to drive a scooter with two people from Avignon to small villages like Gordes, Roussillon, Bonnieux, etc or the distance is too big for a scooter?

We were also considering renting a car, but those are very expensive and we want to save the extra 200 Eur between scooter rent and car rent.

Thanks!

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
13,325 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Amateur Scooter Drivers in Luberon

This is a BAD idea.

Busy and narrow roads with French drivers who view speed limits as a "suggestion" only and lots of tourists who are unfamiliar with the area and don't know where they are going.

If you have only ridden a bicycle before....this is not the best area to learn how to ride a scooter.

2. Re: Amateur Scooter Drivers in Luberon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 June 2015, 06:17