We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Centre to TGV

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
51 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Centre to TGV

please can you give me some advise on the best way to get from Avignon centre to the TGV station on Saturday afternoon ?

1. Re: Centre to TGV

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 03 February 2016, 22:27
Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
51 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Centre to TGV

Thanks looks like they are every hour - is it far to walk

3. Re: Centre to TGV

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 03 February 2016, 22:27
Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
51 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Centre to TGV

thanks for your help - I will go for the train and if problems jump in a taxi

Hamilton, Canada
Level Contributor
27 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Centre to TGV

In Brussels we arrived by train to Gare Midi and then transferred to a short train ride to Gare Centrale at no charge. I'm surprised there is a fare to be paid for this transfer. I don't object, I am just curious.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
13,360 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Centre to TGV

How is what happened in Brussels anyway relevant to this topic?

This is a 3 mile train trip....not a "transfer."

Hamilton, Canada
Level Contributor
27 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Centre to TGV

The Brussels transfer as you call it is a 3 km train trip.

Chateaurenard...
Level Contributor
7,070 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Centre to TGV

Brussels is Brussels. Avignon is Avignon. Brussels is in Belgium. Avignon is in France. Trains in Belgium are operated by SNCB with their rules. Trains in France are operated By SNCF with theirs. When I travel in Paris I can't use my London Oyster card. In London I can't use my Paris Navigo pass. In France I pay to drive on a motorway. In Germany I don't. In the USA I tip waiters. In France I don't. etc. etc...

Montelimar, France
Level Contributor
1,294 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Centre to TGV

This is not a shuttle, just the extension of an existing line between Avignon Centre and Marseille via l'Isle sur la Sorgue .Why would French tax payers assume the huge cost of construction and the fares for the convenience of leisure and business travellers , while letting commuters pay their fair share on the rest of the line?

Hamilton, Canada
Level Contributor
27 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Centre to TGV

I did not mean to open up a can of worms. I just asked why. Now I know.