We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is weather good in late September in south of France

us
Level Contributor
12 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Is weather good in late September in south of France

Hello, I am planning a trip to south of France in late September - early October around French Riviera, Provence, and Limoges area, but I am now concerned about weather around this time. Is it going to rain a lot? I read some people think even end of August is windy. Is it ture? Do you think this is the best time to go or should I change it to another time next year?

Mentioned in this post
France
France
Europe
Limoges
Limoges
Haute-Vienne, France
Destination Expert
for Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur
Level Contributor
3,648 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is weather good in late September in south of France

Late September and early October in true Provence (ie West of la Ciotat on the coast and St. Maximin-la-Ste. Baume inland (according to the Michelin Green Guide to Provence) tends to be wonderful. While there may be an infrequent really windy downpour and an occasional windy day probably 95+% of days are bright and sunny and the fresh veggies are still plentiful and perfect - what's not to love.

Personally, we always travel to Provence in September since we can be in heaven and still not have to deal with the hoardes of summer vacitioners that invade the area from the 3rd week in July through August.

There is so much to see and do that I really hope that you will go for it!!!!!!!!!!!

Let me know if you would like a copy of my Traveller's Aid for Provence and the Cote d'Azure - just need your e-mail since it is sent as an attachment.

AlpillesGal

Mentioned in this post
La Ciotat
La Ciotat
French Riviera - Cote d'Azur, France
Cote Lounge
Cote Lounge
536 Reviews
Nice, France
Guildford, United...
Level Contributor
6,307 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is weather good in late September in south of France

One of my favourite times on the Riviera. Maximum temp likely to be low seventies F. Rain falls on six days in the average September, usually in the form of thundery showers. Strong winds are almost unknown around Nice. I have spent part of almost every month for about ten years in Nice/Villefranche and can hardly remember a windy day. Wind in September will almost certainly be restricted to light sea breezes.

Unless you like heat and humidity, the time to avoid is July/August.

provence
Destination Expert
for Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur
Level Contributor
2,153 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is weather good in late September in south of France

To me any time of year is a good time to visit Provence.

The seasons are changing though so take a few layers just in case.

us
Level Contributor
12 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is weather good in late September in south of France

thank you for all your response. I will start planning my trip now.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
639 posts
172 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is weather good in late September in south of France

I too an going to Paris and Provence mide Sept- can't wait - I hate travel in the summer with all the kids and tourist. I wont even go on a cruise in summer if at all possible

Mentioned in this post
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Jakarta
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is weather good in late September in south of France

Hi, was going through your response in this forum. We are going to be there this September. Will truly appreciate if you can forward your travel tip guide. Email: shwetab9999@gmail.com

Antibes, France
Level Contributor
10,912 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Is weather good in late September in south of France

you will have splendid sunny days at least on the Riviera, jjtravel66. And bring your swimming things too - the sea is at its best - and I normally swim here in Antibes up to mid November.

Just one little local gripe here especially on the Cap d'Antibes - our beautiful warm crystal clear autumn days are often blighted by people who feel this is the ideal time to light garden fires thus creating a low level smog that covers the whole area in the still conditions. I believe this is illegal ( and dangerous) but have never seen any attempt by the authorities to curb it.

Ed

Mentioned in this post
Antibes
Antibes
French Riviera - Cote d'Azur, France
8. Re: Is weather good in late September in south of France

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 March 2010, 05:18