We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

25th Wedding Anniversary Trip - Where to stay

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
24 posts
1 review
Save Topic
25th Wedding Anniversary Trip - Where to stay

My husband and I are leaving for Nice on April 1st, and I still haven't made my reservations for our accommodations. This is because I am over thinking it, but I'm picky. The dilemma I am facing is that I don't know where to stay, central Nice, or Villefranche, Saint Jean Cap, and what type of home base we should stay in; apartment versus hotel. I am familiar with using VRBO, Holiday Lettings, Go-Nice, and similar holiday rental companies and have ask for and received quotes, but still remain confused. I think I have found "the one", and then I read reviews about it being noisy or that they charge 25-30 Euro a day to park and I'm back to square one. What we are looking for in this order is Quiet, Romantic, with a nice view of the Med and a place to park our rental car would be a bonus. We do not plan to sit on the beach, but be able to sit on a balcony and watch the sunset while enjoying a glass of wine! Thank you all who can advise.

French Riviera Day Trip from Nice
121 reviews
from US$103.20*
Special Offer
Monaco and Eze Small-Group Day Trip...
629 reviews
from US$97.40*
US$108.20
French Riviera Small Group Day Trip...
401 reviews
from US$131.80*
Special Offer
Provence Countryside Small Group Day...
451 reviews
from US$97.40*
US$108.20
London, United...
Destination Expert
for Nice, Villefranche-sur-Mer
Level Contributor
3,147 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 25th Wedding Anniversary Trip - Where to stay

Not altogether suprised its not easy to match your requirements. The Cote d'Azur has among the highest real estate cost in all France, is a built-up area, and "quiet romantic place with sea view (with car parking)" at a reasonable price I assume, is a tricky combination.

I'd look at Luxe hotels at t Jean Cap Ferrat to start. Have a look at the Voile d'Or at St Jean. In my book that ticks your boxes (not cheap!) The Welcome at Villefranche is more affordable alternative.

The rental car is something of a handicap and isn't really necessary here unless you plan driving to remote inland villages.

Edited: 29 January 2011, 10:31
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
24 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: 25th Wedding Anniversary Trip - Where to stay

thank you very much for the input, nicelIfe. I agree with you, I do think that having the car is going to be a hindrance, buy hubby loves to drive everywhere. I think what I might do is just rent the car for part of the time and use public transportation system for the remainder. Will cut down on cost also. Do you have an opinion on Hotel La Perouse or Tiara Yaktsa Cannes? Good or bad. Thank you!

3. Re: 25th Wedding Anniversary Trip - Where to stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 February 2012, 07:22