We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is 3 nights enough to explore the South of France?

Paradise Valley...
Destination Expert
for Scottsdale
Level Contributor
565 posts
131 reviews
Save Topic
Is 3 nights enough to explore the South of France?

We are wanting to get a taste of Monte Carlo, Nice, Cannes, etc. Can we get around easily and between places? Is 3 days enough or do we need 4? What area is best to stay overnight or does it not really matter? All advice welcome :) Thanks in advance

California
Destination Expert
for Grasse
Level Contributor
8,398 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is 3 nights enough to explore the South of France?

The three cities you want to visit are along the train and bus routes; so you could manage seeing that you name in 3 days, although longer would be better. I'd recommend basing yourselves in Nice to be between Cannes, Villefranche-sur-Mer, and Monte Carlo.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Barnstaple, Robin Hood's Bay, Whitby
Level Contributor
4,835 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is 3 nights enough to explore the South of France?

Well, it is one of those things were you CAN cram it n to 3-4 days or you can visit again and again by a Catallus says the three places you wants to see are well connected by train and bus so the transport part is fairly easy. I would agree - go for Nice as a base.

Edited: 15 February 2013, 18:53
Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
for Venice, Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur
Level Contributor
9,034 posts
483 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is 3 nights enough to explore the South of France?

I join with Catullus on all counts. If you can swing another day, it can only be better.

California
Destination Expert
for Grasse
Level Contributor
8,398 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is 3 nights enough to explore the South of France?

FYI--the South of France is actually a huge region. The part you are interested in visiting is the Côte d'Azur, or French Riviera. That leaves you many, many miles to visit another time.

California
Destination Expert
for Grasse
Level Contributor
8,398 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is 3 nights enough to explore the South of France?

There are more replies on your other thread.

Lexington...
Level Contributor
31 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is 3 nights enough to explore the South of France?

I would suggest at least 4. You can do it in 3 but 4 would be more enjoyable and at a leisurely pace.

7. Re: Is 3 nights enough to explore the South of France?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 February 2014, 05:16