We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tour or DIY

New Plymouth, New...
Level Contributor
60 posts
Save Topic
Tour or DIY

We were planning on doing a full day French Riviera Tour.

Nice-Eze-Monaco-St Paul de Vence-Antibes-Cannes-Nice.

Is this tour possible and advisable to do on your own or would the tour be the best option.

Liven Up
Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours, Boat Tours
Art and Tours
Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Segway Mobilboard Nice
Segway Tours, City Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Liven Up
Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours, City Tours, Cultural Tours, Adrenaline & Extreme Tours
Guildford, United...
Level Contributor
6,283 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Tour or DIY

My advice is to do the circuit of Nice, Eze, Monaco, Villefranche, Nice. Not difficult to do and with some of the world's best views and you will see more by doing it on your own rather than a tour. I am just about to leave for Paris to see the Paris - Roubaix cycle race but would be happy to give detailed advice when I get back on Monday.

Nice
Level Contributor
12,655 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Tour or DIY

Tours and guides can be a great option if they help you get more out of your visit - whether that is tailoring a visit to your interests or getting you to difficult to reach places.

However , in this case with this itinerary, i don't think you would get a good experience since by the time you have driven to each place and parked , you will have to head back on the bus.

Also note that is some of the multi destination tours , the visit to Eze is a visit to one of the perfume factories not the old town because there is hardly any time at each stop.

Tyler, Texas
Level Contributor
7,816 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Tour or DIY

I must be a slow traveler...trying to decide whether we need 2 or 3 weeks for this area!!!

Lexington...
Level Contributor
31 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Tour or DIY

All guided minibus tours from Nice do the one day French Riviera program - Eze, Monaco, Monte Carlo in the morning combining with St. Paul de Vence, Antibes and Cannes in the afternoon. Yes, it's a bit of a rush but on a guided minibus tour you do not have to drive and can enjoy all day. Nice, however, is not part of the program and you would have to do this on your own or another half-day minibus trip. For details check with Sunny Days in NIce.

I would definitely not recommend to drive yourself. You would not enjoy doing it on your own in one day at all.

California
Destination Expert
for Grasse
Level Contributor
8,631 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Tour or DIY

Those tour companies no doubt saw the film "If It's Tuesday, It Must Be Belgium." There are many tours that cover impressive itineraries; however, the tour operators don't always tell you whether you will actually stop at a place rather than just it.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
13,472 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Tour or DIY

Wim...are you actually recommending that somebody does one of these insane 6 destinations in one day tours? A day in a small van rocketing through some of the most beautiful destinations in the world.....

Lexington...
Level Contributor
31 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Tour or DIY

No, I would not if I had a lot of time. We always go for one month.

However, unfortunately many travelers have only one day for the French Riviera. Then the minibus tour is the best way to see and enjoy the area.

California
Destination Expert
for Grasse
Level Contributor
8,631 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Tour or DIY

See, yes--enjoy, no. I wouldn't call a day spent in a minibus driving around particularly enjoyable. Much better to visit a few spots and actually spend time in them.

New Plymouth, New...
Level Contributor
60 posts
Save Reply
19. Re: Tour or DIY

Thankyou everyone for your information. we were gong to bus and train to our destinations . Leaving from Nice going o Eze-Monaco.Then going to Cannes-St Paul. We would be seeing Nice on a different day.

20. Re: Tour or DIY

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 April 2014, 06:17