We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best small beach town with great hotel on the beach?

Topanga...
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Best small beach town with great hotel on the beach?

My family and I would like to be on the Riviera for 3 nights or so in late July. We'd love a beach with chaise lounges & umbrellas, drink & food service, watersports, a pool etc., and walking distance to at least 4 nice restaurants. And preferably not one of the major towns/cities (Nice/Antibes/Cannes etc.) Any ideas?

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
13,174 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best small beach town with great hotel on the beach?

You have left it pretty late to try and find something in what is peak season. There aren't a lot of hotels right on the beach on the Cote d'Azur

Have a look at Beaulieu sur Mer.

Guildford, United...
Level Contributor
6,249 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best small beach town with great hotel on the beach?

I am pretty sure there aren't any.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
13,174 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best small beach town with great hotel on the beach?

Hotel du Cap and Cap d'Antibes Beach Hotel I think would qualify...

Edited: 22 June 2013, 20:44
Antibes, France
Level Contributor
9,640 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Best small beach town with great hotel on the beach?

Garden Beach Hotel in Juan les Pins is about the only hotel that is close to -but not 100%- your specification. One or two in Monaco which have very artificial beaches may qualify.

Antibes and Cannes are not large towns - Antibes is more an overgrown mediaeval village almost entirely roofed with red tiles. Let's face it -Nice with 300,000 population is hardly a big city either.

Ed

Level Contributor
4,140 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best small beach town with great hotel on the beach?

You may want to consider the Pullman Cannes Mandelieu if you want to be actually on the beach. Mandelieu la Napoule has what you specify in terms of amenities

Agree that Cannes and Antibes are not large towns and even at this late juncture you will probably find a hotel that meets most of your specs, probably across the road from rather than directly on the beach however. The centre of Cannes, within the banane is very compact- it feels like a very small town

This year , people seem to be leaving it much later to book, and accommodation is not as scarce as you may be led to believe

Good luck

6. Re: Best small beach town with great hotel on the beach?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 June 2014, 05:18