We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

TER Train Travel - travel multi days for cheaper

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
11 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
TER Train Travel - travel multi days for cheaper

My husband and I are currently in Cannes for the summer and I am trying to figure out the TER trains. It is difficult since their website offers no English version. We want to ride the train more but are finding it expensive and my understanding is it should be cheaper. We bought a Zou card for 1 day at 15 Euro each and rode to Italy and that was great. Now there are some short trips we would like to make, for instance from Cannes to Cap3000, but looking up the fair online it shows 20 Euro for both of us round trip. Is there a book of tickets you can purchase or how do you buy the 50% 75% off Zou card? The website is not clear and does not translate well. Do we really have to fill out the application and provide a photo? Is there any way to buy multiple tickets or any other cheaper way to travel on the TER? I thought there was a book of 10 tickets you could buy, but I am not seeing this anywhere or not finding it online? Can someone please help, thanks so much!

Nice
Level Contributor
12,655 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: TER Train Travel - travel multi days for cheaper

To get a carnet of 10 tickets you need the 30 euro [or 15 euro for under 26s] carte Zou 50/75

However this is completely personal - so would only work for one person.

You would probably find that one person getting a carte zou 50/75 and then both of you uaing it to travel for half price

on TER trains anywhere in the PACA region = ie as far as avignon, marseille , Tende ventimiglia, Arles

etc would be your best bet especially as you are here for the summer

If you want to take the same journey [styart and end point] over and over you can get a

zou hebdo weekly ticket or other regular jounrey tickets

For the zou cards you need to give a photocopy of yoru passport and apssport photo and fill in a form, but it doesn't take long and you can use it to buy tickets right away

2. Re: TER Train Travel - travel multi days for cheaper

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 July 2014, 06:18