We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Zou 50%-75% Card Conditions Changed?

Sydney, Australia
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Zou 50%-75% Card Conditions Changed?

Hi

Reading through the current conditions for the above card, I can't see where it offers up to 3 accompanying passengers a discount.

I've seen recent responses to questions saying this card does offer the discount, so perhaps I'm not reading tbe conditions correctly (I'm way off being fluent in French!). …ter-sncf.com/Images/Paca/Tridion/formulaire…

When I last took out the Zou card (Sept 2011, exp Sept 2012) the discount was available - has it changed in 2013?

Is anyone able to confirm this please?

We are over 26 and only in PACA for 4 weeks, but the discount was always extremely helpful in reducing the price of our train travel throughout the region.

Thank you in advance

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
5,236 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Zou 50%-75% Card Conditions Changed?

There were some changes to these passes, and this link contains info on the 2013 terms that I think you are looking for:

ter-sncf.com/Regions/…

Nice
Level Contributor
12,655 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Zou 50%-75% Card Conditions Changed?

Ignore the above link as it has zero relevance

The PACA site does not list any changes to conditionz fr the carte zou 50/75. Neither do the LER bus sites or chemin due fer de Provence sites for their version of the card.

The blue machines still list reductions for companions

I will probably be at the station tomorrow and i will try and find out (if i have enough time). Apologies for spelling etc. I dont have my computer unpacked after moving house so using a new phone

Edited: 09 July 2013, 21:11
Nice
Level Contributor
12,655 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Zou 50%-75% Card Conditions Changed?

Ignore the above link as it has zero relevance

The PACA site does not list any changes to conditionz fr the carte zou 50/75. Neither do the LER bus sites or chemin due fer de Provence sites for their version of the card.

The blue machines still list reductions for companions

I will probably be at the station tomorrow and i will try and find out (if i have enough time)

Level Contributor
4,140 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Zou 50%-75% Card Conditions Changed?

The Carte ZOU 50/75 terms do seem to be different.

It must have happened very recently, after the changes were made to other passes

I can't see any mention of the discount extending to 3 travelling companions any longer and the 10 ticket 75% reduction is now valid for 4 months instead of 2 months as previously... mmmmm

Level Contributor
4,140 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Zou 50%-75% Card Conditions Changed?

Sorry this is the link to the carte Zou 50/75 f

ter-sncf.com/Regions/…

Sydney, Australia
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Zou 50%-75% Card Conditions Changed?

Thank you all so much for looking into this for me.

Nice
Level Contributor
12,655 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Zou 50%-75% Card Conditions Changed?

The 4 month validity for the carnets came into force last year.I remember posting an update at the time.

The paca regional site still links to a downloadable leaflet mentioning the companion discounts. Getting to the station tomorrow is looking unlikely but i will have to go sometime this week.

I have s carte Zhou 50/75 myself so i will try a d get more Info as i use the companion discounts quite a bit

Level Contributor
4,140 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Zou 50%-75% Card Conditions Changed?

Selkie

Hadn't realised the validity of the carnets had changed a while ago

I saw the downloadable leaflet which still mentions the companion discounts as well.

Hope it is an error as we have a Carte ZOU 50/75 too :)

Nice
Level Contributor
12,655 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Zou 50%-75% Card Conditions Changed?

I was at the station today. There are a couple of huge posters advertising the carte ZOU 50/75 stating clearly 50% off for holder and up to4 traveling together

.The machines give the discounts and 2 different leaflets on different aspects of the ZOU range clearly state holder and up to 3 companions. One of the leaflets was a 2013 update of the leaflet currently available to download on the PACA regional admin site

Level Contributor
4,140 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Zou 50%-75% Card Conditions Changed?

Hope it's just a web site glitch then :)