We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Campsite costs

Llandudno, Wales...
Level Contributor
53 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Campsite costs

Hi we are a family of five. I want to book a caravan in the area for two weeks in August. The one that I was hoping to book, I have just learned has an additional charge of €10 per person per day for use of the park. Is this common? I would prefer to book with a private owner as it seems more cost effective, however if all parks charge this extra, that is not the case.

Any suggestions would be greatly received.

French Riviera Day Trip from Nice
125 reviews
from US$105.40*
Special Offer
Monaco and Eze Small-Group Day Trip...
631 reviews
from US$99.40*
US$110.50
Special Offer
Provence Countryside Small Group Day...
453 reviews
from US$99.40*
US$110.50
French Riviera Small Group Day Trip...
402 reviews
from US$134.60*
aberdeen
Level Contributor
522 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Campsite costs

Not sure what area you are interested in, as Provence is a very large area?

I went camping with my family - six in total- for many years, both independently and with Eurocamp type companies. I found the Michelin campsite book good for deciding on campsites.

Limerick, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Limerick
Level Contributor
27,747 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Campsite costs

Regardless of whom you book with there will be a separate campsite charge. Its just that the companies such as Eurocamp etc include it in the overall price. However €10 per person per day seems somewhat quite a lot.

The advantage of the companies is that if you have a problem, there is someone onsite to help.

Take a look at www.eurocamp.co.uk and compare the costs of a private rental versus the costs of a company rental. We have always gone with Keycamp - now Eurocamp and have found them an excellent company to deal with.

3. Re: Campsite costs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 January 2015, 06:18