We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need help with trip planning

Tacoma, Washington
2 posts
Save Topic
Need help with trip planning

I am planing a European trip with two teenagers. We are looking to spend 2 days in Paris, then 2 days in the French Riviera, before spending another 2 in Rome and another 2 in Venice and ending our journey in London. I have done Paris in a day and half before (I have lots of energy). I would like to visit the Russian orthodox Church, Villa of Rothschild, Mattise & Chagall and Picasso Museums in the Riviera. Is this possible and what would be the cheapest and safest way to travel? Any suggestions are welcome.

Ashley

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
5,226 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need help with trip planning

When you sat "2 days," does this include travel between your destinations, or will you have two full days in the Côte d'Azur?

I'm seeing Nice, Cap Ferrat, and Anibes in you plans, and this would be doable if you aren't traveling for part of those days. Otherwise, I can't see it working.

Tacoma, Washington
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Need help with trip planning

My two days involve arriving day one, staying that night and leaving the following night. That way I could have almost 2 full days in South of France. I am hoping to catch a night train to Rome.

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
5,226 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need help with trip planning

That's tight and all of these moves is not what I would choose, but I know some people don't mind getting home, collapsing on the couch and saying, "Wow, we did it!" If this is you, I'd spend your half day in either the Villa Ephrussi or Antibes, and your full(ish) day in Nice. You would spend too much of a half day traveling between Cap Ferrat and Antibes.

BTW, take the 15 bus to the Matisse Museum and walk that route to the Chagall Museum. It's downhill and quite lovely. You will have a sense of where to walk as you will pass the Chagall Museum on the way from Nice center. Just make sure you go to the stop where you got off and walk from there. The 17 bus has a stop outside the lower exit from the museum grounds, and travels a different route. Spend the rest of your day enjoying Nice, and give yourself some "R&R" time in this lovely city. To the Villa, take the 81 bus from Nice and get off at the Passables stop. If you try to cram in the Picasso Museum, take the train to Antibes, and from the station, head towards the coastline and to your right towards the arched entry to Antibes' old town.

California
Destination Expert
for Grasse
Level Contributor
8,202 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need help with trip planning

Arriving at what time on day one? That might make all the difference. If you arrive mid-morning, you will be able to walk at times rather than trot.

Antibes, France
Level Contributor
8,509 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Need help with trip planning

You should be able to do all except the Picasso Museum in Antibes in your allotted time. But I doubt you will have much time to appreciate the art. For example going to the Matisse Museum - which is within Nice you will need to take the bus. Given usual traffic that is a round trip of 1 and a half hours traveling. Bus and walking to the Villa Rothschild will probably be at least the same. Without any viewing time.

Antibes is half an hour train journey each way from Nice ( the opposite direction - west - to the Villa Rothschild). Then about half hour walk to the Museum from the station.

You must also check out your train journey onward to Rome - there are no longer any night services from Nice.

Ed

6. Re: Need help with trip planning

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 January 2015, 06:20