We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

French Riviera September...

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
519 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
French Riviera September...

Looking for thoughts on where to stay? Want luxury,,,would Eze be a decent jumping off point?

Thanks!

Guildford, United...
Level Contributor
6,249 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: French Riviera September...

I wouldn't stay in Eze for more than one night as, after you have spent perhaps two hours exploring the village, there is little else of interest close by. Have a look instead at Grand Hotel Du Cap Ferrat, Royal Riviera and La Reserve de Beaulieu. All three provide luxury in beautiful locations with easy access to other places on the coast, although the Grand Hotel is rather more isolated than the other two.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Barnstaple, Robin Hood's Bay, Whitby
Level Contributor
4,875 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: French Riviera September...

I agree regarding Eze, but if you want luxury my first thought would the Le Negresgo on the prom in Nice

http://www.hotel-negresco-nice.com/en/

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
519 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: French Riviera September...

Tihis isn't for me and chances are they won't have a car...is one of these areas seamier than the other to get to places? I know the buses can be pretty easy to navigate...

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
13,174 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: French Riviera September...

"seamier"?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
519 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: French Riviera September...

Oops!!! Autocorrect ..love it. Not.

Should read easier!!!

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Barnstaple, Robin Hood's Bay, Whitby
Level Contributor
4,875 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: French Riviera September...

Nice is the easiest base in terms of publics transport, which is excellent and fairly cheap (both buses and trains)

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
519 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: French Riviera September...

Thank you!

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
5,236 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: French Riviera September...

I would find it easy to use public transportation from Royal Riviera and The Reserve in Beaulieu sur Mer that Bob mentioned. Nice would be the the most obvious location, but if "contained resort" or "oceanfront" appeals, don't count these out. Your friends would have a short walk to bus stops and the train station, but walking in this part of the coast is lovely.

Guildford, United...
Level Contributor
6,249 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: French Riviera September...

Without a car I would avoid the Grand Hotel but bus 81 passes the Royal Riviera, which is about 500 mtrs from Beaulieu station. Bus 100 passes La Reserve. If you prefer being in the centre of Nice I would say that the Palais de la Mediterranee is a notch above the Negresco, which is famous for a grandeur that is a little faded. Have a look at the reviews.

10. Re: French Riviera September...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 February 2015, 06:17