We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grasse visit

New Delhi, India
3 posts
Save Topic
Grasse visit

Me and my husband are planning to visit Grasse in early May...which are the nearby places we can see ....we'll be in Grasse for 3 days and want to explore the coast afterwards...check out wineries and oil mills...what is the best way to travel? Also we'd like to stay at some quaint medieval village....any information will be welcome.....

California
Destination Expert
for Grasse
Level Contributor
8,178 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grasse visit

Do you plan actually to stay in Grasse or just visit? There are any number of nearby places to see; I advise you to get a copy of a good guidebook, my own preference being for the Michelin Green Guide to the Côte d'Azur. If you have a base somewhere near Grasse you can visit the small town of Mouans-Sartoux (off the tourist map and pleasant because of that), medieval Mougins, Valbonne, Châteauneuf-du Grasse, Tourettes-sur-Loup, Vence, St-Paul-de-Vence, and my personal favorite in the area, Biot. The village of Opio has an olive mill to visit; there's an excellent small shop in which to browse.

New Delhi, India
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Grasse visit

Thanks so much for replying...we will be staying in Grasse for 3 days ...is it possible to take day trips from there to any of these places that you mentioned? We haven't yet decided where we'll stay after that...is it better to book hotels in advance or can we just check in wherever we fancy? What is the best way to get around? I 'd also like your opinion on Nice and Cannes....I googled Biot and it does seem lovely..

Nice
Level Contributor
12,655 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Grasse visit

Mode of transport?

any mobility issues?

what sort of hotel are you looking for?

New Delhi, India
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Grasse visit

No there are no mobility issues....are buses the best way to travel? We are looking for moderately priced inns or hotels and we would prefer if we could get vegetarian food ...

5. Re: Grasse visit

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 March 2015, 04:19